Mod Request---Treebases

Can someone in the mod community make a treebase mod that goes with the stock grass? I tried the Gunslinger "look" and frankly, I don't like the grass. It doesn't look like grass at all to me. Too dark.

I tried the other treebases on Combat Missions and CM Outpost but couldn't find one I liked. There's one out there that goes perfect with the stock grass but apparently no one has it for download and no one knows what I'm talking about.

Lemme add one thing here...the treebase mod should show the different colors between each treebase so it's easily recognizable to the player. Mui importante.

I don't want an animated look but something slightly lighter than Gunslinger's stuff would be nice. A treebase mod that would go equally well with both sunny and overcast weather.

Anyone up for this challenge?

Well for one, you're gonna be hard-pressed to find someone even using the stock grass let alone someone to mod to it. Especially anyone on here.

I have found that Magua's new Normandy grass is very good looking. I just downloaded Juju's Woods Treebases on CM Outpost and it goes extremely well with it. I loaded up the scenario "49th Recce" and it looked like the most realistic landscape I've seen so far in CM.

They're in the "Early Bird" section. I guess I missed the original release of them as well and saw the mention of them on another thread, but didn't know where they were either until yesterday when someone provided a direct link to them. They are Hi-Res, 765K a tile, but that's not as bad as Hi-Res grass.

Again, on the issue of changing out terrain tiles (and other mods), I can't urge people enough to get a graphic managment program like Compupic, that lets you see the entire directory in thumbnails. You can move stuff around, rename it and view it close up...Cpic even lets you do significant alterations (lighten, brighten, resize, etc) all from the image viewer. Highly recommended.

BTW, I have some bases on The Last Defense, you might try them out.

What I like about Juju's is that are are "busy enough" to look like undergrowth. And even though they are a little darker than most tree bases we've seen so far, I believes that it gives them a shadowing look like a thick forest should have.

Here's a shot just hovering above an "orchard" showing some small clumps of woods with a large one in the background. (Smoke mod is that new "realsmoke" from CMHQ)

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=50615723&Sequence=0&res=high

Now here's a shot from a large hill over looking the lower flat area. Notice how it looks like a lot of undergrowth.

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=50615722&Sequence=0&res=high

Also notice how it blends well with the dark band in the sky/horizon hillside. And another note about the darkenss of the mod, to me, woods never really looked like woods because the tree density was never enough to create that forest look. The darkeness gives the illusion that the forest or woods tile is thicker than it really is.

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

Holy crap! I just loaded up the scenario I was working on based on my neighborhood community and with the Normandy mod and Juju's Treebases, it looks the most realistic yet.

Check it out. Now just don't call down some 290mm Rockets on my little ol' house there. ;)tongue.gif

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=50617343&Sequence=0&res=high

Max...Could you just list all of the wonderful mods you have in those screens...

You say thats

-Maguas Normandy

--Grass(did you do something to that grass it looks even more beautiful than mine!)

--Wheat?

--Trees?

--Whatelse?

-Panzertruppens Buildings

-Juju's Scattered Tree Base

-Who's Road

-What else???

It all looks beautiful!

Many Thanks!

Dave

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Capt Canuck ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt Canuck:

Max...Could you just list all of the wonderful mods you have in those screens...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Grass: Magua's NON-subdued Normandy Grass.

<LI>Trees: Magua's NON-subdued Normandy Trees.

<LI>Scattered Trees Bases: Magua's NON-subdued Magua's Scattered Tree Bases.

<LI>Woods Bases: Juju's Woods Bases.

<LI>Hedges, Walls, Swamp, Water, Brush, Wheat: Magua's Normandy Terrain

<LI>Buildings: Panzertruppens (only because low-res buildings, ie Magua's buildings, show up grainy on my Geforce 2)

<LI>Roads: Pud's Roads from here.

<LI>Smoke: Nathan Shinn's Real Smoke from CMHQ

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]