CM Not-So-Superbowl II

Just a question regarding troop selection. My opponent wants to use british paras with armor support. The armor support would have to come from the "other" branch of the british army due to the fact that there is no armor selection for british para forces. The only para vehicle you can purchase is a jeep... Does this fit with your "no-mix" policy?

If it does, I'm assuming that it would be ok for me to pick falshirmjäger infantry and SS armor, since the falshirmjäger armor choices are very limited, although not quite as much as the british paras.

Just wanted to clear it up. I don't mind playing either way, but would like to be consistent throughout the tourney.

Ace

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Does this fit with your "no-mix" policy?

this is "mixing forces"

I don't mind playing either way, but would like to be consistent throughout the tourney.

This might not be consistent with the tourney rules initially laid out.

"Consult the Book of Armaments!" errr that would be mensch smile.gif

-John

Originally posted by Ace:

Just a question regarding troop selection. My opponent wants to use british paras with armor support. The armor support would have to come from the "other" branch of the british army due to the fact that there is no armor selection for british para forces. The only para vehicle you can purchase is a jeep... Does this fit with your "no-mix" policy?

If it does, I'm assuming that it would be ok for me to pick falshirmjäger infantry and SS armor, since the falshirmjäger armor choices are very limited, although not quite as much as the british paras.

Ace

If we restrict to absolutely no mixing, then it would seem that the allies would be at a decisive disadvantage, since the falshirmjäger troops can be supported with some armor while the British or American Airborne troops are stuck with jeeps to back them up... This is assuming that the falshirmjäger are the german equivalent of the airborne troops - is this true?

I'm actually arguing my opponent's case on this one. Since I play as the axis for two of my first three matches, it's probably to my advantage to not have this mixing. I'd just like to get it cleared up, because if my opponent is to use British paras and British armor, then I would expect the same opportunity when I play as the allies.

I do see where the problem comes in with allowing allied countries to mix but not the germans...

Since it seems to be opening a big can o' worms (where do you cut off the mixing?) I'll assume that we can't mix the British units until told otherwise...

My opponent will just have to send another file then smile.gif

My games with Tiger and SuperSlug (why do I gotta mix it up with the animal kingdom? I already have enough problems without PETA on my arse!) are both up and moving --- still no word from Scooleen though.

Good question about mixing Airborne Infantry with it's respective country's "regular army" armored forces. This is quite the common tactic in most PBEM's, so I expect as how a lot of people would like a ruling on the "gaminess" of said preference. (Though, historically speaking, AB forces quite often served in "leg" roles on all sides, and were usually backed up by armor at various points).

PS: SS & el Tigre, just so you know, I went with straight leg infantry in our games.

Originally posted by Ace:

If we restrict to absolutely no mixing, then it would seem that the allies would be at a decisive disadvantage, since the falshirmjäger troops can be supported with some armor while the British or American Airborne troops are stuck with jeeps to back them up... This is assuming that the falshirmjäger are the german equivalent of the airborne troops - is this true?

last time I checked the british paras and polish paras did not parachute any tanks or anyfink... the americans were the onlyones who realy said .."hey lets stick a jeep in this glider and watch it drop like a stone when we have to land"

the Falschirmjägers were also a a very strong ground force in Normandy, they had 88s, Arty and even Infantry support Tanks.. the germans were in France for a long time giving them the chance to set up nice defences and bring alot of shiny new tanks in to play where as the paratroopers had about 40kg of equipment to hold them out for almost 48 hours maybe more... if you want to take paras good for you.. I would if I wanted to but felt naaaa.... rules stay ... no mixing..

for example I asked my opponent what they want and told them what I am taking.. then locked that troop type in the set up to ensure that we played what we said and no supprizes come when I read I'm facing Heer and all of a sudden have SS Hamster truppen knocking on my door.

I'm just gonna stick my nose in here about para selection.

If you're playing British Paras, you can have Jeeps and MG Jeeps, also carriers towing 6pdrs. The British paras did land with Tetrach Airborne tanks in gliders on D-Day, but these are not modelled in CM, so no tanks. You may also have artillery upto 4.2" mortars. Very few guns, other than AT, were airlanded with the Brits.

If you're the US Airborne you may have Jeep and MG Jeeps, no carriers, but Jeeps did tow AT guns upto 57mm, also 75mm howitzers. Artillery is similar to Brits, except you may also use 75mm as these were landing in enough quantities to make batteries.

The German Paras were a bit of a misnoma by this stage of the war, so can be supported by a greater range of vehicles as they were primarily land-based.

I hope this has been useful and is not too late for some of you.

StR

what a man can have his dreams.. it keeps the reality away and hidden.heh.. yes.. I see that I will win the NSSB II, all will hail me as king of the Gits and given a cute little crown, flowers given to me and I make a speach how I would help the enviorment and I like to cook and talk about bellybutton lint... besides I would get to make guest appearences cutting ribons on opening CM websites and make a swimsuit calender..ooh oooh.. I think I broke a synaps.

I hope me sir I get to woop your buttocks in the second round.

What makes you think I'm going to let you get past the first round, hmm? biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.giftongue.gif

-Tiger

ps.. my partner (mensch) has not responded to my last turn. Kindly crack his skull for me!

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 03-09-2001).]

LT. Reaper has surfaced!!! his email is cdnichols@voyager.net. welcome on board LT.Reaper.. I was loading a round in my rifle to bump you down to reserves.. ooh nice touch.. Jadyane messaged me as I was just killing your position.. (could make a real cool hollywood movie where the hero saves the world in the last 2 seconds).. ok ok.. maybe not but heh..

and Tiger.. I'll wack you yet...*wack wack*

Enjoying 2 of my tourney games - thanks! But...

I am having trouble sending files to Mike8g, each message comes back as mail undeliverable, "system cannot deliver mail within TWO DAYS!" Talk about snail mail!

Any suggestions? Mike you out there?

Hi boru,

hmmmmmmmmm, I don't think it's a problem with LYCOS. I have five PBEMs running at the moment with people all around the world and didn't have any problems so far. I've sent you two messages so far, did you receive them ?

BTW, as PL stated before: my e-mail address is mike8@.... not mike8g@.... !! ;)

If LYCOS doesn't work out for you, please try

mike8k@netscape.net

Marcus

------------------

Alle Maschinen voraus Große, Ruder hart Backbord. Neuer Kurs wird Zwo-Eins-Null.

[This message has been edited by mike8g (edited 03-10-2001).]

well battle one of three is done for me and Tiger.. he used evil Sturmhamsters to overwelm my positions.. but my jabbo and two priests put a dampner on his kick the US fannies over france day. but In the end, Tiger ate the mad mensch (barely) 59 to 41!!

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 03-10-2001).]

Guest Blackthorne

Lt. Reaper is indeed in the house. But please make this note, that I have morphed into a new alias.

I am now Blackthorne. It seems that I had crossed over into some copyright infringement with mephostopheles. Anyway I have started one match and am hoping to have the other 2 going by the end of the day.

The soldier formerly known as Lt.Reaper. e-mail is still the same though. Hoping to hear from Ace and Philistine shortly.

cdnichols@voyager.net

------------------

Blackthorne

yes tiger.. dat was a nasty fight.. I was even more shocked by your troop selection!! eek.gif

I must say playing tcp/ip made that round with Tiger go fast.. but it was damn fun.. his first tcp/ip too! so everyone go wack him on the shoulder hard for a congrads on his first tcp/ip game. biggrin.gif

-----------

www.derkessel.com Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.