AMAZING New Sherman Mod!!

Hullo gents,

Here is a brand new "Ronson" Sherman mod based on Tiger's new weathered Shermans. It replaces "3812.bmp" and is a small download.

Here are the piccies:

ronson01.jpg

ronson02.jpg

Here is the download link:

http://combatmissionicq.tripod.com/RONSON.zip - 102k

(Unfortunately it is on Tripod, but when my FTP is working again it will be on the regular site in my signature).

Enjoy!

Edit: New texture affects the following: Sherman M4A1; M4A1(76W); _(76)W+; Sherman II

------------------

Rugged Defense England Team Website:

http://combatmission.portland.co.uk

For all our AARs

------------------

"I drive over farmyard animals in my farmyard tractor, then I laugh afterwards."--CavScout [comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical]

[This message has been edited by M. Bates (edited 01-28-2001).]

Originally posted by Major Tom:

You should gloss up the tanks to simulate the Tanker's coating their AFV's in gasoline, as it's probably safer than keeping it in their fuel tanks. biggrin.gif

The words "safe" and "Sherman" look strange near each other smile.gif

------------------

For all our AARs

------------------

"I drive over farmyard animals in my farmyard tractor, then I laugh afterwards."--CavScout [comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical]

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

hahaha, super cool bates. I downloaded it but its blank. I did not put it in game cuz it said it was not a valid bitmap. Oh well, whenever you get it up I want It. Too funny.

Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

hahaha, super cool bates. I downloaded it but its blank. I did not put it in game cuz it said it was not a valid bitmap. Oh well, whenever you get it up I want It. Too funny.

You are unfortunately correct, I will work on this now. TAR files are good for PC users, right?

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars-<THC>-:

!!! I see buildings that i haven't seen before in the background !!!

Those buildings were sent to me by someone. I don't know their forum handle, it escapes me. The story is that he sent them to CMHQ at around the same time as Panzertruppen's building mods: everyone raved over PT's work, and so the buildings that I use were mostly forgotten. I like them a lot: they stay faithful to the original style, while improving as well: they are also suitable for both urban and rural settings. I'll ask for permission to host them on my site.

Originally posted by Maximus-<THC>-:

M. Bates, do you actually use that terrain in your game or is that a separate install somewhere else?

I installed DD's terrain mods (grass, snow and trees, bases) but I was disapointed by the look. People on the forum have praised the "subdued look" without much justification: the grass was just totally unsuitable for Europe during spring and summer. So I increased the colour saturation, brightened the green element, and downsized the grass textures by half. I left the snow textures alone. The result is that the terrain looks better and is less of a system strain.

------------------

For all our AARs

------------------

[This message has been edited by M. Bates (edited 01-28-2001).]

Originally posted by M. Bates:

I installed DD's terrain mods (grass, snow and trees, bases) but I was disapointed by the look. People on the forum have praised the "subdued look" without much justification: the grass was just totally unsuitable for Europe during spring and summer. So I increased the colour saturation, brightened the green element, and downsized the grass textures by half. I left the snow textures alone. The result is that the terrain looks better and is less of a system strain.

Well, I really didn't care for DD's grass either, so I went back to Old Dog's subdued Velvet Grass. But I have been using Panzertruppen's buildings ever since they came out.

Originally posted by Bakker@home:

LOL,

hey you're not the only one who's been messing around with mister Sherman :P.

Let's see if these links work;

nT26806.jpg

nS98642.jpg

Greetings, stefan

I want that so bad right now.......canyou e-mail a copy to shadow@jagdtiger.de?

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

shadow@jagdtiger.de