I am all tired and grumpy but I still posted a CmHQ update so go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Madmatt

OK, I installed the new Marco Bergman mods and they are beautiful. Just one note: The instructions in the read.me files say to just install the new batch files if you already have the non-camo versions installed. It does not say to create a shortcut to the "UK Camo" batch file, but if you don't you won't be able to load the camo versions unless you create this shortcut. I have installed all the previous Marco Bergman mods, batch files, and shortcuts, so unless I did something wrong, you probably need to create this shortcut too.

I love stuff. The more stuff the better. Thanks as always for putting stuff there.

Some good stuff tonight, its kept me up because I just have to have a look at the new mods. If your alseep then wake up and get them. If your awake and playing with the MODS,then go to bed already.

I hope that makes sense to you, it doesn't to me.

[This message has been edited by Loki (edited 01-22-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

OK, I installed the new Marco Bergman mods and they are beautiful. Just one note: The instructions in the read.me files say to just install the new batch files if you already have the non-camo versions installed. It does not say to create a shortcut to the "UK Camo" batch file, but if you don't you won't be able to load the camo versions unless you create this shortcut. I have installed all the previous Marco Bergman mods, batch files, and shortcuts, so unless I did something wrong, you probably need to create this shortcut too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please note that although they are based on my HR mods, the camo paint schemes are applied by Gordon Molek; he deserves at least a few scraps of the praise.

Gordon has obviously assumed that everybody already has his other UK Camo mods in place... bad boy! (smack). If you don't, then Pvt. Ryan is correct: you will need to set up a shortcut to the uk_camo_textures.bat file. This process ought to be explained in the rest of the docs.

Guest Madmatt

This might also be my fault as there is another file that I didn't get a chance to post. It is a pack of batch files for all the mods that Gordon has. It will get posted soon. Perhaps Gordon can pop in here and explain what it does for us.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

My apologies to Gordon. Nice work on the camo versions, Gordon. I did suspect that we had to install the camo Churchill mods first. I had not installed them because they were released before I overcame my fear of the batch file method. While checking out tonights camo mods I noticed how ugly (sorry BTS) the Churchills are. I found Gordon's Churchill mod and installed it, but now I have two camo shortcuts/batch files. I guess I should reinstall the newer camo batch files so they install all the camo mods with one shortcut.

Also while checking out the new mods I noticed how ugly (sorry BTS) the British ACs and carriers are, as well as the lonely Sherman II at the other end of the line. So Gordon and Marco please do something to bring these ugly ducklings up to par with their peers. I think the Cromwell needs the hi res treatment as well. No rush, you have plenty of time to get it done before next weekend.

And Matt, my birthday is Tuesday, so get those new batch files up just for me. Okay, you all have your orders.

Re: Pvt. Ryan - Yes, that's a "bug" in the documentation. Now that I've managed to get out of the dungeon that Marco put me in for that infraction I'll get that fixed. The Churchill mod is separate from the other Brit camo mods (it was created before "Molek's Mod Manufacturing, Inc" was acquired by "Marco Bergman Productions, Ltd"). smile.gif It hadn't occurred to me, but the docs should also suggest renaming the old Churchill camo shortcut (I did that a long time ago on my system so it never came up). There will eventually be a new high res set of Churchill textures (and a more ETO style Churchill camo mod).

Re: Madmatt's question - What will be posted soon will be what Marco and I call the "Powerbatch" system. Basically this deals with all the variations of the batch file system created by the release of the various packs. It will always be the latest and greatest version of the batch file system, encompassing all the various mod packs. As a bonus, it also adds additional shortcuts allowing you to dynamically swap between rubber bloc and u-shoe track styles just as you can swap between Canadian, Camo, etc. texture sets.

I apologize for these "gotchas". Marco, Bob and I work very hard trying to ensure that we publish only the highest quality mods, but sometimes these things slip through the cracks.

Gordon

Thanks Marco, and Gordon. I just ran onto this. I had sent you an email (you can now ignore), about the bloc shoe vs steel u tread on the rear hull of the US Shermans changing to bloc, but not back to the default of the steel u. Only on the rear hull though, everything else worked. After I got Gordon's Churchill update, it now works. It pays to pay attention to Matt's site for those updates!

smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Hey Madmatt, I don't think the Combat Mission webring links on CMHQ are working. Whenever I click on "List sites" or "next site" it just takes me to a Yahoo webring page.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska