NEW SCENARIO AVAILABLE: "The Chasseurs Countercharge"

I have a new mega-uber-armored scenario for the CM Community. If you liked "August Bank Holiday", you'll love this one. It may be the only scenario which has naval infantry manning tanks. Like always, I'll email it to anyone who posts here or emails me, but I would prefer if someone would host it (Griffin? Manx? Hint hint). Here's the briefing:

THE CHASSEURS COUNTERCHARGE

The Destruction of Panzer Brigade 112 at Dompaire

September 13, 1944

Turns 50

Weather: Clear

Ground Condition: Damp

On September 11, General Wade Haislips XV Corps began to push the weakened German 64th Corps back over the Moselle river. Haislips spearhead consisted of the French 2nd Armored Division, commanded by General Jacques Leclerc. Leclerc preferred to fight under American command, rather than under the de Lattres 1st French Army -- perhaps because Haislip spoke perfect French, but most likely because de Lattres was a former Vichy general. Nevertheless, Haislip was pleased, because he had fought with the 2nd Armored in Normandy and respected its combat ability.

While the US 79th infantry division pinned the German 16th Infantry Division by frontal attack, Leclerc sent in Groupemenet Tactique Langlade (roughly equivalent to a Combat Command in an American armored division), commanded by Col. Paul Girot de Langlade. The "GTL" soon penetrated through German positions and threatened to encircle them.

Meanwhile, the Germans had created three "Panzer Brigades", which comprised the bulk of German armored strength during the Lorraine campaign. They had been created during the summer of 1944 based upon Hitler's suggestions and against the orders of the inspector of armored forces, General Heinz Guderian, who knew something of armored matters. Hitler had ordered that these Panzer Brigades be conserved for a planned counteroffensive in Lorraine. However, Hitler allowed Manteuffel to relase one brigade to save the collapsing 64th Corps.

This brigade was Colonel von Usedom's Panzer Brigade 112. On September 12, it began its march to the front. During the evening of September 12, it went into bivouac in a shallow valley from the Village of Dompaire in the West and the neighboring hamlets of Lamerey and Madonne. The French, operating with excellent intelligence provided by local villagers, discovered the German movement and decided to attack first.

This scenario is similar a prior scenario of mine called "August Bank Holiday" -- Although historical, it is a resource hog. Don't get mad at me if your machine can't hack it. However, I think the turns will be worth the wait it takes to load. This is a particularly tough battle if you are the French player, but the French won the real battle, so be brave and seek vengeance for 1940!

ENJOY YOU CRAZY GROGNARDS!

Franko

------------------

Plants and animals die to support your fat ass.

Franko,

The mirror will be ready once I get your permission. The page is added with the scenario with briefings -- but not yet uploaded to site. I personally guarentee there will be no more screw up this time.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 03-30-2001).]

Thanks.

I don't think it is mine. I just mirror Manx's files without asking him. tongue.gif If Manx wants to charge for it, drop me an email and we will discuss it over a QB. smile.gif

BTW, by the time you are reading this, the file section is updated with this scenario. Again, I am sorry there is still no images of the scenario for 1) Firing up CMBO at work is naughty 2) and editing it with GIMP at office hours raises too much unnecessary attention!

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/