Menu mod

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Good idea. I'd get rid of the blue line and the hotkey and just have the single column of commands. No reason for a hotkey -- if your pulling up the menu chances are you know the hotkey or you don't want to use it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately, you can't get rid of the hotkeys. Also, in the original version there were no blue lines but it was suggested to me that these lines were needed to reduce the chances that the wrong menu choice was clicked on.

This may sound somewhat less than postive or enthusiatic BUT, I have come to not use the menu anymore.

Sure I'm annoyed when it does drop down and get in the way of my view of the battlefield, but I never use it as I can issue ANY order or command with a hotkey. I use the hotkeys ALL the time and thanks BTS and STEVE and CHARLES (Who are MAC users) for the hot key short cuts, they make issueing orders painless.

BUT it is still a cool idea to have it transparent as you have shown us.

Great Idea, maybe DeanCo can whip up a proto-type of one like it for CM2?

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

[QB]This may sound somewhat less than postive or enthusiatic BUT, I have come to not use the menu anymore.

Sure I'm annoyed when it does drop down and get in the way of my view of the battlefield, but I never use it as I can issue ANY order or command with a hotkey. I use the hotkeys ALL the time and thanks BTS and STEVE and CHARLES (Who are MAC users) for the hot key short cuts, they make issueing orders painless.

BUT it is still a cool idea to have it transparent as you have shown us.

Great Idea, maybe DeanCo can whip up a proto-type of one like it for CM2?

Hotkeys are quicker, no question. Also, using hotkeys allows players to avoid the fatigue caused by using mice for extended periods of time. However, there will occasionally be moments during a game when I just don't feel like taking my eyes off the battlefield to type.

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: jeff.c1123 ]