ALL YOUR CMHQ ARE BELONG TO US..The long awaited annoucement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Okay,

For sometime now I have been getting endless queries about the current and future fate of CMHQ. I guess it is high time to let you know.

IT'S MOVING!!!!!

Actually It should be moving as soon as later this week. For various and unsundry reasons it appears that the situation at TGN/iEN has grown to such a untenable position that if we didn't skedaddle soon it might have all been lost forever.

So, what and where will this new CMHQ be?

The new url shall be:

http://www.combatmission.com

It's not on yet so don't bother trying. It should be ready by this weekend although I will make another announcement once it's all set.

So what will be different about it and what of the Annex, Chat and CMMC sections?

Glad you asked. First off the CMHQ Annex will finally be incorporated into the main CMHQ Webpage. Most of the old Annex sections will be discarded as they are not current or relevant anymore. The Ladder will also be turned off. It's been broke for nearly a year and I don't think anyone uses it.

The Canadian HQ site will just become a new subsection of CMHQ itself as will the wonderful CMMC (Combat Mission Meta Campaign) section run by Admiral. The Chat system has gotten a small upgrade and will have a new address as well (it should be going in at www.combatmission.com:8000).

All the mods, files, AAR's, Articles and POTD's as well as pretty much everything else that was ever hosted on CMHQ has been copied over to the new site already and work is progressing in earnest to get it all ready for you.

The one area/feature that isn't coming with me is the Scenario Depot. That is a fixture of TGN itself and not controlled by me, but after speaking with the powers that be I am confident and hopeful that all the current TGN Game Depots will also be moving to a new host soon and when that happens I will again provide links to submit and download player created scenarios and operations.

So, will this new CMHQ be any different than the old?

I am working hard to try and streamline the look and style of the site but at first it will not look any different at all. My time to run CMHQ is every bit as short as it was before but I will try and keep it updated, fresh and exciting as I did before all this came about earlier this year.

Madmatt, we are worried about you! You always seem so busy and tired! Do you need assistance running CMHQ perhaps? Can we, humbly submit to you our offers and requests to help?

Wow! Thanks for noticing! Actually YES YOU CAN! I am looking for maybe 3-4 people with good knowledge of HTML, Webmastering and general skill at BS'ing the public to help post updates, follow the general CM news, manage the mod sections and generally be mean spirited to people in my place. In return I will hog all the credit, yell at you a lot and not really acknowledge your contributions what so ever. If you think this is just the job for you (actually I am quite serious!) then drop me an email or visit the CMHQ Chat Room and we can work out the arrangements.

I already have a CM website (even though it obviously pales in comparison to the monumental work you have done at CMHQ) Madmatt but would love to fall under your gentle and kind shoulder and be admidst the banner of CMHQ! Is that a possibility?

It sure is, if running a dedicated site is too much for you and you would like to transfer your content or some spare time to CMHQ, or even run a dedicated subsection (like the Canadian HQ) then again, please contact me and perhaps we can do something.

So what of other TGN sites, like Wild Bill's Boots and Tracks?

I have heard that his site will also be moving and there will probably be an announcement made of that down the road from that camp. Whatever becomes of Boots and Tracks, Bill and those that work with him on his site will remain close friends of CMHQ. We wish them well.

Madmatt, okay, so when is all these gonna happen again? I am dense and didn't read what you said above.

CMHQ Chat and the CMMC site and Annex will all be running normally until the day of the final cutover (and probably beyond for a little while). CMHQ itself may or not be active during the final part of the transition. It is my intent to post proper URL redirection notices and pages so everyone will be sent to the proper site.

Should Mod authors still send you there stuff over this transition period?

I would prefer that they not, at least until I make another announcement that the site is back up and running at its new home. Once everything is up and running CMHQ should again return to its former glory as the ONE STOP SHOP for all things Combat Mission and Combat Mission 2 related!!!

Madmatt, who built the Pyramids?

I did...

Oh, Really?

Yes...

Cool...

Any more questions from the gallery? No?

Then that's all for now..More news when it becomes available.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-26-2001).]

Wow! Thanks for noticing! Actually YES YOU CAN! I am lookign for maybe 3-4 people with good knowledge of HTML, Webmastering and general skill at BS'ing the public to help post updates, follow the general CM news, manage the mod sections and generally be mean spirited to people in my place. In return I will hog all the credit, yell at you a lot and not really acknowledge your contributions what so ever. If you think this is just the job for you (actually I am quite serious!) then drop me an email or visit the CMHQ Chat Room and we can work out the arrangements.

Do they get paid? I will work for food. (seriously)

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Guest Madmatt

Payment comes in the warm and fullfilling sensation of doing your part to make CMHQ the ultimate website that fate and destiny itself deem it must be.

Other than that...No

There is a *small* chance that the new site may eventually run some ads (don't start with me on this again!). If I do so any proceeds would be split amongst anyone that helps on the site.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-26-2001).]

Hey Matt,

Sounds cool. If you don't have all your slots for helpers filled, I volunteer. CM Recon may not be the finest site in the world, but that's because I do it in my non-CM playing spare time. I am a web developer in the real world, and could certainly help out.

Let me know.

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

CM Recon

When are you going to merge this site with the CMHQ? Seems to make sense to me, community and content sells, and this place is getting a bit old and smelly. Get some flashy pages and lead us to the promised land o Matt.

PeterNZ

------------------

"What do I care, I got laid last week" - Chupacabra

"Bjorn again are really quite good!" - Germanboy

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem and Croda -

Guest Madmatt

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Canadian CMHQ? I talked to those guys last winter about hosting some of my stuff, and seemed like great guys, but then they dropped out of sight.

Will they be back online, or are you looking for volunteers for this, too?

Posistions are open to help with any of the areas of CMHQ.

Madmatt

I FREAKING KNEW IT!

i posted a few months back about combatmission.com and madmatt dropped a few hints...

cant wait for the new (hopefully hyperfast) site!

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest Madmatt

Guys, just drop me an email if you want to help and I will put you in my "Suckers" folder and get back to you once the new site is running.

Madmatt

I would help out, but since Matt won't pay me in food, I'll have to eat the cafeteria food. That always makes me really depressed, so the quality of my web authoring would suffer, and Matt would fire my ass.

Do you have any idea what I just had for dinner? Neither do I.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Matt,

Late me take this moment to be the first to say...

La dee freakin Dah!!!!

Just get it done, and stop blabbing about it. I dont care what the url is, I dont care if your new network is easier for you to use, automated or some crap like that.

All I care about is going to the chatroom and getting booted every once in a while.

Oh, and thanks for all your hard work.. (schmuck) biggrin.gif

Why don't ya send me a move first Boski afore ya go rebuilding the Polish Army. I be lookin ta finish thrashing them paratroopers of yers. biggrin.gif

Well I for one, want to know who built the cotton picken Spinx, Spinks, the Big Cat! Well I was wondering what was up. Thanks for sharing all of your troubles. Sure sure, nothing more I'd like to do than work my fingers to the bone for this thankless rabble. Be glad to come download stuff when ya get it all done though. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 02-26-2001).]

That's not the full movie. The reason why everyone is quoting it is because of this

http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf effort which included additional work by forum folks from SomethingAwful.com

Don't you wish we were all so talented? smile.gif

PeterNZ

------------------

"What do I care, I got laid last week" - Chupacabra

"Bjorn again are really quite good!" - Germanboy

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem and Croda -