What are the worst Topic Lines?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

Is your sig ever going to become funny? Its barely a groan.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lewis, I presume you never even heard of Red Dwarf, have you? It is actually quite funny (except for the final installment, 'Almost human'. That one is most depressing). You do have to understand British humour somewhat, though.

Anything with:

Best/Worst

MG

White Phosphorus

Hull Down

Panzerfaust

...or any other topic/unit/weapon that has appeared in more than 10 headers already. Especially if not posted by a newbie, many of whom can be forgiven for thinking the entire CM community fell to earth 5 minutes before they discovered the BBS.

Almost anything with "CMBB". Know-naughts speculating in a void, or pleading for demos/screen shots/release dates. Shoot on sight.

Already mentioned, but worthy of seconding, anything with "BTS!..." (as though the other threads were being monitored by Hasbro) like a kid in the back of his class waving his hand frantically. For god's sake, just go to the bathroom.

"Somefink", on the other hand, is hilarious.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Already mentioned, but worthy of seconding, anything with "BTS!..." (as though the other threads were being monitored by Hasbro) like a kid in the back of his class waving his hand frantically. For god's sake,

just go to the bathroom. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one. That made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of reruns of Welcome back Kotter and Horseshack raising his hand 'oh!' 'ooh! 'oohh!'

I always look for topics that are almost certain to spiral into a slugfest of shameful behavior. They are much more amusing than the Peng threads - not that Peng threads are never amusing - there is the rare gem that pops up once every three or 4 incarnations.

I know I am a sick individual because I enjoy the bad behavior of others, but when some of my favorites get their panties in a bunch over trivia regarding a computer game it just really gives me a lift.

I also like the "my country can pee farther than your country" topics - for sheer black humor value you can't beat 'em.

And who among us can forget the one and only ethernaljustice? that guy knew how to bait.

Thank you, Lewis, for bringing back some fond memories.

Red Dwarf is mostly crap. No comedy series deserves NINE seasons.

Rubbish topics I don't know about but I hate posts like:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Moderator Message by KwazyMatt

If any of you guys misbehave again I will have no choice but to close the forum, and also the internet (if Bill Gates lets me).

I realise that I have given you 217 final chances before but mark these soon-to-be-forgotten words: This is your final chance.

Break any of the forum rules and I WILL ban you!! (possibly).

Maximouth76, this is the fifth time in a week that you have praised Hitler's policies on ethnic minorities. Please don't do it again.

I check the forums at *least* once a month and I don't put up with any ****.

Consider this thread locked.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

I know I am a sick individual because I enjoy the bad behavior of others, but when some of my favorites get their panties in a bunch over trivia regarding a computer game it just really gives me a lift.

I also like the "my country can pee farther than your country" topics - for sheer black humor value you can't beat 'em.

And who among us can forget the one and only ethernaljustice? that guy knew how to bait.

Thank you, Lewis, for bringing back some fond memories.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I get a gush out of puttin a wedgey to a limey's knickers.

Bren guys running around willy nilly now? What next, guv'nuh, red moustached pipe players marching up and down the field?

Of all lifes pleasures, is there any so fulfilling as making fun of someone where you know it hurts deepest? Pure uncut pleasure I tell you. Warms the frozen cockles around my ugly heart...

hehehehe (diabolical snickering)

Lewis

PS I dont *like* you MrPeng

PS I dont *like* you MrPeng<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's OK, Lewis, I have always had an uncomfortable twinge in my innards about you.

You are a strange and wonderful man. I don't like you either. But that doesn't mean I don't disrespect you too.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

That's OK, Lewis, I have always had an uncomfortable twinge in my innards about you.

You are a strange and wonderful man. I don't like you either. But that doesn't mean I don't disrespect you too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of twinges..how about these fanciful Topics?

"Wild Bill's Rumblings Of Diarrhea"- A Tournament

Winecapes Winos journey-where Berli gets his oats

Obviosly Peng doesnt recall the time I ranted about *asterixisis* and how much I hated them. Oh well, first its the knees and then its the memory.

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

Any topic started by Username... :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Topic

A question about artry spotters

This is a current example of poor spelling AND rambling in the text of the opening post of the thread.

Text

Ok artillery spotters are Lt. right so then why do they need independent HQ to decrees there moving time? ie get ride of the red radio symbol. I didn't do a search becuase, it took just timed out when I tried to use it.

Panzerman, tsk, tsk, drinking and typing on a holiday weekend?

Lewis

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Username ]

Topic

A question about artry spotters

This is a current example of poor spelling AND rambling in the text of the opening post of the thread.

Text

Ok artillery spotters are Lt. right so then why do they need independent HQ to decrees there moving time? ie get ride of the red radio symbol. I didn't do a search becuase, it took just timed out when I tried to use it.

Panzerman, tsk, tsk, drinking and typing on a holiday weekend?

Lewis

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Username ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually i felt the question was clear since only the first sentence mattered and only 2 words were misspelled.

plus, the topic line was fine(except for one misspelled), so why include it among "worst topic lines"?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

plus, the topic line was fine(except for one misspelled), so why include it among "worst topic lines"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just expanding the nature of this thread to include Worlds funniest text. And paying back that cheap shot he took at me.

I read it about 4 times before I got through it, it kept cracking me up. I see he editted it also. too bad.

Lewis

PS Heres a new catagory, Worlds most obnoxious Topics:

1. Commom'wealth' weapons?, They are certainly common but rather poor.

2. Vickers Intercontinental Plunging Fire: Model it or we will have a hissy fit

3. CM3: Lend Lease Bums?

PPS This is what is called a fun thread so dont get your kilts in a knot

Speaking of fruitless discourse how about we throw this particular thread into the ring.

I see candidate USer continues to lobby for votes in the upcoming village dolt election. LeWIs: Can I offer you a piece of free advice? It may save you a great deal of hard work. You’re the only candidate running for village simpleton. :D

I see you’re also in need of a lecture on plunging fire. It would seem the concept is beyond the expertise of a "static engineer" like yourself. :rolleyes:

Poor ol’ LeWIS. He wants so much to be thought of as an expert on small arms. It’s really sort of sad you know. :(