That stupid pink stuff strikes again

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

This is such a sweet mod. I have to get rid of this stuff somehow. HELP!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's easy. It is a cool mod. I have it too but never noticed that before. Wait here, I'll be right back! :o

Ok, I'm back. I just looked at the mod in my game and it doesn't have the masking problems yours shows. =(

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

[This message has been edited by Kitty (edited 01-18-2001).]

Are you using a Mac? I've had a few mods do that, and have had to use GraphicConverter to fix the pink spots, which can result from a slight error in the translation of mods for Macs.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

sure looks like mac mask bleed to me. You just need to use GC or PS or some other graphics program to correct the pink color to that used as the mask.

It is:

H: 300 deg

S: 100%

V: 100%

or 100% magenta (CMYK)

or: grape-ish (crayon picker)

or:

R: 100

G: 0

B: 100

(those are all the same color. I wouldnt rely on the crayon picker though wink.gif )

for a while I attempted to get each texture fixed, back to MadMatt, and updated for the mac users, but simply was overwhelmed by the number of textures released. I've better things to do with my time smile.gif

hope that helps. If not, there are a number of us here that can offer more assistance.

dave

------------------

History is made at night

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

[This is such a sweet mod. I have to get rid of this stuff somehow. HELP!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your problem, you obviously drove through the pink marsh tile (PMT) with your gun in full depression just before taking your happy snap.

I would recommend the following:

1. Avoid pink marsh tile (PMT),

it removes your camo and makes you more visible to the NME (by a factor of .012 per splash of pink)

It corrodes you armour (and makes it 3.12% less effective)

It can lower your accuracy (by up to 1.43% by causing additional drag on the projectile)

2. Elevate gun or a least cheer it up when in immediate vicinity of PMT

3. Clear all pink from vehicle unless you are an 11th Hussar in which case sort out the colouring. CHERRY not pink soldier.

Hope this helps

DG

------------------

Remember:

Always end your lay in elevation.