CMBB Feature request, a small one

Would it be possible to incorporate a larger explosion when a vehicle or a man enconters a mine? Currently it is unclear when a unit has enjoyed an untimely encounter with one. Possibly use the muzzle flash animation or other existing explosions in the game. I suggested the muzzle blast as it is fairly small but would be a nice indication of dust and other stuff flying. I know a bit late but it would be nice to see. Especially as I recall alot of mines being used on the eastern front. Many thanks;

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kmead:

Would it be possible to incorporate a larger explosion when a vehicle or a man enconters a mine? Currently it is unclear when a unit has enjoyed an untimely encounter with one. Possibly use the muzzle flash animation or other existing explosions in the game. I suggested the muzzle blast as it is fairly small but would be a nice indication of dust and other stuff flying. I know a bit late but it would be nice to see. Especially as I recall alot of mines being used on the eastern front. Many thanks;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to see this too. Something cool like a soldier's arms and legs flying off in different directions. No? Okay, I'll settle for something a little less gruesome.

oh, and the ability to purposefully abondon weapons. Can't tell you how many times I've wished a MG crew could just drop the damn thing and RUN!!!! Maybe model them like the mortars and provide an abondon weapon command.

I think a small explosion graphic for a minefield would be great. That and no 'minefield sign' for Extreme Fog of War, could make players a little more wary maneuvering their troops.

And it would be nice to see additional fortifications that are purchasable such as reinforced buildings (sandbags,etc.) and more variety (size ?) of field fortifications.

How about 'dummy' minefields and AP minefields that are set up in plain sight (ie really marked with signs or whatnot). Is it a minefield? Is it a dummy minefield? Is it a dummy minefield with a concealed one nearby? I would like to have the ability to search for minefields in locations where you can have infantry poking around with sticks. Could be time consuming (or not if they find a mine right away), but at least there would be a way to spot a minefield before exploding in it. Especially for AT mines since they are so devastating. As it is now, you can't even poke around for one if there is a 'suspicious' spot where a field may be located. All you can do is drive and pray.