Mac OS 9.1 and CM?

Sorry for the new thread.

and I should imagine this has been covered before, BUT is any one out there running CMBO on a DVD G3 400mhz Powerbook running Mac OS 9.1?

Are there any conflicts?

IS there a thread already where we were chatting about 9.1?

I was thinking about upgrading this afternoon.

Thanks.

-tom w

Everything I've heard about 9.1 says that it's a little bit more stable, but has so many conflicts with different programs and extensions that the upgrade isn't worth it. It is supposed to bring the OS closer to OSX, though. Check out these discussion forums, http://www.ResExcellence.com/cgi-bin/dcforumlite/dcforumlite.cgi and http://forums.macaddict.com/ for some in depth discussion.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I have OS 9.1 and i have no conflicts. The only thing I noticed is, that it makes the hi-res REALLY Hi-Res, and the low-res REALLY low-res. Other than that I haven't had any problems. And about 9.1 being closer to X, OSXpb and OS9.1 aren't compatible.

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

shadow@jagdtiger.de

When OS 9 came out all I heard about were the conflicts and incompatibilities. I was damned if I was going to upgrade. Eventually I gave in to temptation, and but for one or two software upgrades, there was really nothing wrong with it. Same goes for 9.1 – apparently there are a lot of problems, but I haven't seen any.

Frankly, I think most of the problem reports come from people who have an issue in their specific circumstances which wouldn't affect anyone else, or who have simply caused a problem while upgrading the OS which the OS isn't responsible for.

David

button.gif

I'm running a G4 400, iBook and iMacDV all with 9.1 and have had no problems with Combat mission on any of them.

When I get around to actually doing work with my office applications I'll let you know.. But it works great with CM!

go Macs