Give me a Kubelwagon with an MG attached!!

Nope.

From what I read (here) they were not equipped with them. Maybe guys in the field added stuff later, but guys in the field do lots of stuff. Can't model it all.

Regardless of how common they were though, the real issue is that BTS is not making any new vehicles or variants for CM. For various reasons. Not M16's or Kubelwagons with MGs. Sorry.

But they will have Kubelwagens with machine gun in the Dirty Dozen game. smile.gif

Speaking of which... I want ex-running back grenadiers that can run through German camps tossing grenades!!!

Where are they!? biggrin.gif

Joe

------------------

"I had no shoes and I cried, then I met a man who had no socks." - Fred Mertz

And and and...

I want to be able to buy barrels of oil that I can strategically place on hill and roll down on approaching Panzer columns!

Oh wait... that's a different realit..ehh... I mean movie.

biggrin.gif

Joe

------------------

"I had no shoes and I cried, then I met a man who had no socks." - Fred Mertz

Aah the good old days of that other Combat game that used alot of sprites, buggy maps and such...

I had the Kubelwagen with the MG34 mounted on it. Picked him up early in the campaign defending as the Germans (what else?).

Before he finally met his end, Sgt Schultz (or whatever his name was) had racked up 217 kills scurrying back and forth behind the hedgerows, across hill and dale, momentarily popping up to wreak havoc on an infantry squad before disappearing again...

*snif* *snif* kind of bring a tear to my eye, even after all this time.

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Polar:

And and and...

I want to be able to buy barrels of oil that I can strategically place on hill and roll down on approaching Panzer columns!

Oh wait... that's a different realit..ehh... I mean movie.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif My favorite one as a kid. Too bad we can't have observation planes in CM, though.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Actually...

I've seen quite a few photos of Kubelwagons with MGs mounted. Whether this was standard or whether it was a field conversion I have no idea. I also have no idea how common it was. But judging by what I've seen, it was done. I'll try to scan some photos and post them, but it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

They MUST be for real.

Why, my Ultimate Soldier Extreme Detail Kubelwagen has an MG34 mounted on a post right there between the front and back seats...

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... why not ask for the Germans to have British 1960s vintage Ferret armored cars painted gray with a crosses on them? smile.gif Just saw the Great Classic a few months ago wink.gif

Yes, some Kübels most certainly did have an MG34 or such mounted on them. However, it was most likely a field modification. My understanding is that they were used for AA defense mostly. Saw quite a few pics of them in pre-Tunisia North Africa combat, which makes a lot of sense. If you are in a vehicle, and an enemy plane sees you, might as well shoot back because there ain't no place to hide smile.gif

Steve