greed

Guest Michael emrys

Supposedly, CM3 is to cover the Mediterranean area (including North Africa) from 1940 on. CM4 is to cover the Blitzkrieg years, 1939-early '41, and presumably includes the attack on Poland. There may be some necessary overlapping from game to game, and in any event the schedule I've outlined could change. BTS tends to follow their own interest. So far, they've found plenty of people who agree with them.

Michael

ahhh imagine.....

setting up a campaign to follow a Co. from '39 to '45 hehehe

oh boy oh boy my wife will hit the roof smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. --Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Dogface (edited 01-01-2001).]

I think the 39 to 43 Mediterranian is a much more interesting, diverse theater and will be more fun than the eastern campaign. First the Ities and the Brits swatting at each other with armored cars, tankettes and old tanks. Then the arrival of Rommel and the fluid campaign across North Africa. Odd matchups here will lead to wild melees:German combined arms vs British separate arms;Matilda's

without HE vs anti tank guns that can't penetrate their armor; the 88 and the 25 pdr; attacks on supply convoys. All of this across a sea-like battlefield with tank formations speeding across the horizon as well as dust obscuring and confusing even a close range firefight. I much prefer this to what almost seems to be a one shot one kill technology of the later war tank battles.

Oh no, what I REALLY can't wait for is the Blitzkrieg years!

Invading or defending the Low Countries, lightning quick armored thrusts with tanks that were more than just lumbering beasts, special operations against the Belgian fortifications, holding the Maginot Line in the south, oh the list goes on and on!

Poland-France = Big time fun from Big Time Software. biggrin.gif

Great news is, CM 3 and 4 will be based on the CM II engine. That should mean we wont have to wait as long for the next installments as we do for the second one.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Great news is, CM 3 and 4 will be based on the CM II engine. That should mean we wont have to wait as long for the next installments as we do for the second one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er.. where do you get that? Now they're just tweaking the engine, and creating the new units and such... After that, they'll need to rewrite the whole engine, and create the new units and such..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I/O Error:

Oh no, what I REALLY can't wait for is the Blitzkrieg years!

Invading or defending the Low Countries, lightning quick armored thrusts with tanks that were more than just lumbering beasts, special operations against the Belgian fortifications, holding the Maginot Line in the south, oh the list goes on and on!

Poland-France = Big time fun from Big Time Software. biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, if not the desert then the Blitzkrieg years. I can hear those Stukas now.