Thanks to BTS for a dream come true(I need a vet to show me the ropes)

Leeo

CMBO is more than I could ever have hoped for!!!

Hello all. I have also been known as Tankety_Lee (okay, 2 posts). That is a work persona, though (I can't quite get them to let me play CM at work).

Any-hoo, I'm tired of kicking the crap out of the AI.

I would prefer to play the Germans (it's a weakness), and would like to play a QB in whatever form desired. I am new to the whole PBEM thing, and would therefore require some training. However, I am 38 years old, and was originally infected by PanzerBlitz. My buddies and I still hold gaming weekends when possible, and most often play the Original Squad Leader. Someone wanna teach me a lesson? I look forward to instruction, with the ultimate intent to work my way up through the cesspool (ok, I'm a lurker, too).

I would hope to provide a turn or more per day, and would greatly appreciate someone showing me the detailed protocol involved with PBEM.

Thanks in advance to my teacher(s).

Lee

[This message has been edited by Leeo (edited 02-23-2001).]

Thanks!! To be honest, though I am a board gamer from way back, I'm just a mewling kitten as far as this PBEM stuff goes. I honestly need someone to sorta hold my hand through the whole thing (ain't that pitiful?). How about you send me the set up (I know it's an imposition), and if possible, the steps required to do such a thing in the future. I'd be forever grateful (and may perhaps even consider being your squire, if such would be useful to you, though I realize I am not currently worthy of such an honor). Would you mind? I'll accept whatever you deem appropriate for a lesson.

Thanks so much!!!

(p.s., I've been playing CMBO since I got it for Christmas, and understand basic in-game mechanics (as well as the joys of the wonderful mods out there)).

Leeo,

1. Player 1 (1) purchases units.

2. Player 2 (2) purchases units.

3. 1 deploys units.

4. 2 deploys units.

5. 1 issues orders.

6. 2 issues orders.

7. 1 views action.

8. 2 views action, issues orders.

9. 1 issues orders.

10. 2 views action.

11. 1 views action.

12. Repeat Steps 5-11 until battle is done.

After each step, respective player sends file to other player.

I hope that helps.

------------------

SuperTed

Wild Bill and the Raiders

Boots & Tracks Team Member

Forward Observer

Leeo -

Berli is just the guy to hold your hand. Then your lungs, spleen, liver and various other bits of viscera while he gives you the lessons you require.

If you have ever played a QB against the AI, setting up one with a PBEM player is as easy as that. The only difference is attaching the output files to an e-mail (and sometimes zipping them so they make the trip w/o being corrupted).

PS: You'll never make a squire by being so polite. I always start by insulting his intelligence & the fact that he was a marine. Then jusy play it by ear from there.

Thanks to all for the info. I suspected it was a relatively easy task to accomplish.

I look forward to receiving Berli's e-mail. I will begin the insultation once I feel ready (or stupid) enough to venture into the Cess. However, I prefer to conduct myself with decorum on the Outer Boards.

Thanks again to all!

p.s. I'm using v1.12

Hehe, the Cess isn't something you stick yer toe in to test the water. You just jump in with both feet and start kickin. Run in there like that, what was his name, Maximus2k, and tell em all how yer the best there ever was and your gonna mop the floor with all of em. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 02-24-2001).]

Once you take the (small) time to figure out the ONE CLICK program, it will become essential to your PBEM gaming! It's a fantastic tool, saving you considerable time by doing all the small tasks for you! Heck, you can even hit SEND after you process your turns and watch the program mail them off for you! It's great!

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy... Fear and Bullets."

"They didn't want to come... but I told em, by jeepers, it was an order."