MAJOR MOD ANNOUNCEMENT--Super Action Pack Accessory Kit: Pants!

Oops, sorry, I meant to say MINOR mod announcement. Well, it did get your attention, didn't it? tongue.gif

I've done some work improving the pants for the German army uniform pack, adding details like buckles to the gaiters.

pants1.jpg

I also made a pretty cool looking pair of splinter camo trousers that can be combined with the existing splinter camo mod or used like so:

pants2.jpg

pants5.jpg

"For the Fatherland" my butt! "For the hills" is more like it. That's what I get for buying green troops...

The inspiration for the camo pants was a trip to the Godforsaken realm known as "Toys-R-Us" to buy a gift for my spoiled neice. While the wife was busy comparing various annoying electronic "educational" pres-school toys I managed to slip away and found myself in the "action figures" section where I discovered, among other things, an angry-looking Wehrmacht GI-Joe type action figure with this get-up. They also had a fab 1/18 scale (!) Panther tank that my wife wouldn't let me buy :( Guess I'll just have to go back when she's not with me and find a place to hide something that big. I wish they had toys like that when I was I kid, although I doubt my parents would have ever bought me a Panther tank for Xmas...

I've also made a pair of olive drab HBT fatigue pants for the US 44 infantry.

pants3.jpg

pants4.jpg

I did steal the gaiter part of the texture from Maximus' mod of my original mod.

You must own the previously released Super Action Packs 1, 2, and 4 to use these mods. Batteries not included.

As soon as I get my computer unpacked at home (I just moved) I'll send them to the usual suspects. :D

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

I actually got that 1/18 scale panther you referred to. My ol'lady bought it for my B-Day this year. It comes in a nifty tri-color camo w/ many functioning hatches, functional tracks and road wheels, swivelling turret, elevating gun, tow cables, tool sets, spare track on hull, and a Rommel lookin' TC.

They also have a bitchin' 1/18 scale Kubelwagen w/ driver, and 1/32 scale armored car w/ 3man crew.

Go get that Panther! Damn the torpedoes!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

I actually got that 1/18 scale panther you referred to. My ol'lady bought it for my B-Day this year. It comes in a nifty tri-color camo w/ many functioning hatches, functional tracks and road wheels, swivelling turret, elevating gun, tow cables, tool sets, spare track on hull, and a Rommel lookin' TC.

They also have a bitchin' 1/18 scale Kubelwagen w/ driver, and 1/32 scale armored car w/ 3man crew.

Go get that Panther! Damn the torpedoes!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...of course if I get the Panther I have to get the 1/18 scale Sherman that I saw, too, plus a bunch of those little 1/18 action figures to ride on the the backs of both. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

Go get that Panther! Damn the torpedoes!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where's the 4 view photos so we can do a mod of it? smile.gif

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

Måkjager,

You posted some pics of some Panther mods you were working on a while ago. "Hasty" camo for Panther A was one of them I remember. Any progress on those? They looked very nice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The G early and late are available at CMHQ. They're my favorite Panther mods now.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

The G early and late are available at CMHQ. They're my favorite Panther mods now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I got that one. I think it was only for the Panther G but I could be mistaken. There was a really nice Panther A done in a "hasty" camo scheme that Makjager previewed at one time. Kinda looked like a mod Gordon did for the PzIV.

One more thing--I kind of feel that I've run out of uniform mods to do. Any suggestions? I was thinking of doing reed-green HBT summer uniforms for the Germans, and maybe Afrika Korps and British desert uniforms. Is there anything anyone really wants to see? I'm taking requests for a limited time only... :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

One more thing--I kind of feel that I've run out of uniform mods to do. Any suggestions? I was thinking of doing reed-green HBT summer uniforms for the Germans, and maybe Afrika Korps and British desert uniforms. Is there anything anyone really wants to see? I'm taking requests for a limited time only... :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can also start thinking about uniform mods you'll want to do for CM2. No matter how good they are in the CM2, they'll most likely not be as high res as some of us are used to. You might as well get the research done, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commissar:

You can also start thinking about uniform mods you'll want to do for CM2. No matter how good they are in the CM2, they'll most likely not be as high res as some of us are used to. You might as well get the research done, etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I do find it kind of hard to get that worked up about the Eastern Front, although this probably won't prevent me from buying (and playing and modding) CM:BB.

smile.gif

Sitzkreig/panzerwerfer42.....i have not made a Panther G Late mod.....that is a typo at CMHQ :(

That zip only contains a Zimmerit covered Panther G.

As for the Panther A----its still WIP

View?u=1398959&a=10450173&p=55080127

It still needs more wear and tear..also mb some tac/crosses.

My "mod work " roster is a mess...unable to focus at the moment...them damn Wespe/Marders have wrecked my head .

Regards

Måkjager

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I do find it kind of hard to get that worked up about the Eastern Front, although this probably won't prevent me from buying (and playing and modding) CM:BB.

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about a GD uniform mod with optional tank kill arm badges??

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Måkjager:

As for the Panther A----its still WIP

It still needs more wear and tear..also mb some tac/crosses.

Regards

Måkjager[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow I'll take it just as is :D Great looking Panther A

SS Peiper

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: SS Peiper ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You must own the previously released Super Action Packs 1, 2, and 4 to use these mods.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super Action Packs 1, 2, and 4! Where'd 3 go? And where'd 4 come from? Are the sponsor sites using these same name conventions? Arrrrggg, all I remember seeing is 1 and 2, i.e. on Combat Missions. Where/what is 4?

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Super Action Packs 1, 2, and 4! Where'd 3 go? And where'd 4 come from? Are the sponsor sites using these same name conventions? Arrrrggg, all I remember seeing is 1 and 2, i.e. on Combat Missions. Where/what is 4?

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three's the Commonwealth pack, I think. To be honest, in all the confusion I've kinda lost track myself. Check Tom's HQ and all will be revealed.