grog help needed!

Hi guys, I'm looking to find the german names for the following type of soldiers: Flamethrower, sniper, SMG, panzerfaust, LMG. I need this info because one of my friend will modify the .cfg of Return to castle wolfenstein so that when I use the voice command to state my function, it will also say what weapon I'm using.

Thanks in advance.

Moyzan

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Moyzan:

Hi guys, I'm looking to find the german names for the following type of soldiers: Flamethrower, sniper, SMG, panzerfaust, LMG. I need this info because one of my friend will modify the .cfg of Return to castle wolfenstein so that when I use the voice command to state my function, it will also say what weapon I'm using.

Thanks in advance.

Moyzan<hr></blockquote>

Flammenwerfer, Scharfschützen, Maschine Pistole (MPi), Leichte Maschinegewehr (lMG).

Not sure about Panzerfaust.

How do you say "voulez vous couchez avec moi" in Mandarin, btw? (This has less to do with CM than with a girl at work...)

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]</p>

Michael Dorosh said:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>How do you say "voulez vous couchez avec moi" in Mandarin, btw? (This has less to do with CM than with a girl at work...) <hr></blockquote>

I think I saw it in a war film once - something about "5 buck love you long time" but it's been a while since I watched it.

I guessed as much but I wanted to be 100% sure ;)

Is this a joke? Are you just trying to get a laugh or do you really want to .....

Chinese are pretty prudish in many ways. If you want to make her burst out laughing with your crudity, you could say "ni yao da pao ma?" Lit. "Do you want to help me fire the big canon!" Being a military man you might like that one.

Slightly more refined would be, "ni yao zuo ai ma?" copied from the West, "do you want to make love."

More subtle would be to invite her to dinner at your place and then when it's getting late say "you don't NEED to go home, you know?" ... "jintian wanshang, ni keyi bu yong hui jia...."

Of course, without explaining the pronunciation and most importantly the tones, it would be extremely unlikely she'd even realize you were speaking Chinese.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

[QB]

Flammenwerfer, Scharfschützen, Maschine Pistole (MPi), Leichte Maschinegewehr (lMG).

Not sure about Panzerfaust.

How do you say "voulez vous couchez avec moi" in Mandarin, btw? (This has less to do with CM than with a girl at work...)<hr></blockquote>

Some subtle corrections:

Maschinenpistole (MPi), Leichtes Maschinengewehr (lMG)

Singular is 'Scharfschütze'.

Panzerfaust is indeed Panzerfaust (lit. tank fist - let's not go there)

Regarding the Mandarin - has anyone seen the South Park episode where Cartman thinks he is a Vietnamese prostitute 'Eh soldierboy, sucky sucky, 10 bucks' or somefink. Still makes me laugh.

Hmm, I just thought of something... Did any of you tried the return to castle wolfenstein test? If so, you'll know about the Venom gun. When I asked for a translation of a light machine gun soldier, I was thinking of the venom gun. I now think that a heavy machine gun would be more appropriate... So, what's "heavy machine gun" in german? smile.gif

Btw, if I read what you guys wrote correctly (bear with me, I'm brain dead after reading Acts of Gord from start to finish), you would call a soldier using a panzerfaust a panzerfaust also?

Allright, time to get some sleep.

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: Moyzan ]</p>