CMBO: Gentlemen's night out in London

Inspired by the Washington DC gentleman's night out, are there sufficient CMBO players around in London, UK, for a similar event to take place?

I'm only mooting the idea since there do seem to a few of us chaps around, although I don't know where we all live.

Me, I'm in London so I'll happily buy a round if we can scrape together enough blokes.

Let me know - I'll be the chap in the Bobby's Battle Bowler! ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin5471:

Inspired by the Washington DC gentleman's night out, are there sufficient CMBO players around in London, UK, for a similar event to take place?

I'm only mooting the idea since there do seem to a few of us chaps around, although I don't know where we all live.

Me, I'm in London so I'll happily buy a round if we can scrape together enough blokes.

Let me know - I'll be the chap in the Bobby's Battle Bowler! ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomorrow night, 1900, The George pub near London Bridge. Email me for directions. There are a few of us going, and I was going to post this in about five minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viceroy:

Germanboy,

I used to live round the corner from the George when I was a student in London. It's a nice pub. Hope you guys have a nice time and afterwards put up a photo of you all. Wish i could be there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad idea. Any photo of the event would have to include Andreas in it, since we know he cannot operate a camera. Do we really want to scare that many people away with one posting?

Bah!

I resent the idea that the stinky Yanks came up with this idea first.

As far as I know the first CM meeting was me and the Germangirl when we watched the Brits loose to Portugal(?) in Euro2000. From there Chupacabra and others joined us in London drunking sessions.

We are the first ok!

PeterNZ

ps. We already have pictures up

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Bah!

I resent the idea that the stinky Yanks came up with this idea first.

As far as I know the first CM meeting was me and the Germangirl when we watched the Brits loose to Portugal(?) in Euro2000. From there Chupacabra and others joined us in London drunking sessions.

We are the first ok!

PeterNZ

ps. We already have pictures up<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While Peter is no doubt despiccable, and has a memory that would make a braindead monkey proud (it was Romania - who can ever forget that two-left-feet-moron Neville causing the English to lose), his presence should not keep anyone from attending. We feed him peanuts, and he is allowed to get us drinks.

But gentlemen, where is the George? Give me a street and I'll be there a little later, say 20.00 :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is off Borough High Street. When you come out of the Borough High Street East Exit, you turn left (opposite direction to Tower Bridge) and after about 150-200 Yards there is the george in a backyard to your left. I send you an email in a few minutes.

Come on guys do a Friday or a Saturday so us provincal lads can get in on the act.

Banbury / Oxford is not far away and I would make the run on a night where I don't have to go to work the next day. Even if I had to drink Pop all night, that or pull a few strings with some of my Hounslow / Maidenhead friends.

Anyway have a good night.

H

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holien:

Come on guys do a Friday or a Saturday so us provincal lads can get in on the act.

Banbury / Oxford is not far away and I would make the run on a night where I don't have to go to work the next day. Even if I had to drink Pop all night, that or pull a few strings with some of my Hounslow / Maidenhead friends.

Anyway have a good night.

H<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, try this weekend. I'll see what I can do to rouse the rabble. Only if we talk about the importance of replayability in small scenarios though ;)

Hmmm I think I am going to regret this...

Bugger...

This weekend would be good if we can find a bar with a large TV and my G/F can come and watch the game while we talk small games.

LOL ;) She will enjoy that... Not.

I have just checked kick off which is miday mark so I can make it down in the evening or afternoon depending on how I sell it to my beloved. :eek:

H

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Holien ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holien:

[QB]Hmmm I think I am going to regret this...

Bugger...

This weekend would be good if we can find a bar with a large TV and my G/F can come and watch the game while we talk small games.

LOL ;) She will enjoy that... Not.

I have just checked kick off which is miday mark so I can make it down in the evening or afternoon depending on how I sell it to my beloved. :eek:

H

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

England - Greece? Anyways - I see what/if I can arrange somefink.

Inspired by the Washington DC gentleman's night out ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI. I was at the Washington meeting the whole time, and I never saw a gentleman there.

Good luck and have a great time!

Jake

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

FYI. I was at the Washington meeting the whole time, and I never saw a gentleman there.

Good luck and have a great time!

Jake<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomorrow - no lawyers, solicitors, or other forms of loafers please.

Just an idea guys...the is a place in London called the Elbow room. It has the webcam like the bar nea m in Philly. From this site we could buy you guys beers from the states and watch the whole happen online...just and idea..for all I know the Elbow roomsucks.

See all you chaps this evening.

Andreas - will ring you early evening to confirm (apologies - gone to work and left your number at home.

Still 20.30 this evening? smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep