New Overcast SKY!!!!!!

Doug, I can try to do a full set. It'll take a little bit though bryce makes it very easy (and fun!) . Here's a summer afternoon sky:

afternoon.jpg

and a summer morning:

morning.jpg

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 03-24-2001).]

Very nice indeed, Tiger! Bravo!

You may send me these files along with everything else on your hard drive, in nicely sorted zip files. Tomorrow would be nice.

Oh yes, my ISP will not accept files larger than 50K so you must break them down to a suitable size.

Not too much to ask, eh?

(Just thought I'd join the crowd of gimmie sendme emailme monsters!) biggrin.gif

COOL

The Secret is Bryce 3D

That software makes the most amazing scenary and skies and landforms. I hope we might see more Bryce landforms like cliff textures in CM2.

This software (Bryce, orinally from Metacreations, {now Corel, who don't have a clue how to upgrade it} is available for both Mac and PC) is like a game all on its own when it comes to making eye candy for scenary.

VERY nice work Tiger those skies are JUST what CMBO needs!

Very proffesional!

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 03-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Tiger:

I sent them off tonight to Manx's site.

combat-missions.net iirc

maybe they'll be up tomorrow (sunday)

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 03-25-2001).]

Great!

thanks Tiger

I hope BTS has contacted you do so

"somthing" graphics wise for CM2 smile.gif

-tom w

No, I doubt it. Thanks though.

One thing I hope they improve for CM2 (the east front) is to remove the auto-convert to 8-bit for sky textures. here's what the skies could look like instead if the program wasn't converting them to 8-bit textures:

1410.jpg

I wonder if this was done to reduce the processor hit?

-Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger:

No, I doubt it. Thanks though.

One thing I hope they improve for CM2 (the east front) is to remove the auto-convert to 8-bit for sky textures. here's what the skies could look like instead if the program wasn't converting them to 8-bit textures:

1410.jpg

I wonder if this was done to reduce the processor hit?

-Tiger

I suspect it had to do with video memory limitations and they did not want everyone to have to go out and get a 16 meg video card or upgrade their VRAM to see FULL photo graphic quality colour skies.

SURE would be nice for CM2 Though!

smile.gif

Hint hint

Thanks for posting the FULL colour one above that's how it "should" look I assume in 16 bit colout (thousands).

-tom w

Excellent work, Tiger!

I downloaded them immediatelly, but it seems I cannot see them in game... I still see those old skies frown.gif What can I do? I have 16MB videocard and playing at 1024*768. I tried different resolutions (800*600, 1152*768 and 1280*1024) but to no effect. Seems that my game always uses textures 1430-1444. What can I do?

Thanks for help.

Porajkl

Porajkl and jd,

Are you sure you installed them?

The initial zip file contained three separate zips. Did you just unzip the initial zip file into your graphics folder? If so, then that's why.

Tiger has made a new sky for every possible season and sky condition. So there should be a new sky for any scenario.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!