Ravens/Giants- Remember Paydirt?

I like the Rams.

They murdered the Giants.

I'd love to see the Rams' offense matched up with the Ravens' defense. And the Rams' defense is so bad the Ravens' offense might actually score two touchdowns. (Maybe three, given that Tampa Bay's rotten offense scored what, 35 points on the Rams?)

After Super Bowl XXXIV, this Sunday's game will be a Super Bore.

Hope the commercials are good, at least.

Speaking of football games, anybody play APBA?

I loved Paydirt. I got the team charts every year that Avalon Hill published the previous year's. Was sick when they finally quit. I had a big spreadsheet by situation that allowed surprisingly good solo play. I played o and d for "my" team, etc. Was nice because you could actually have a 13-10 game, unlike Madden and the PC games out now, where the scores are rarely realistic.

Unfortunately, Kurt Warner is proving to be another one-season wonder ala Randall 'Comeback' Cunningham (incidentally, I've been a Rams fan since the days of Lawrence McCutcheon)...don't blame everything on the Ram defense (just most)..he's a solid QB with big play capability but he's not the second coming of Dan Fouts...there was a reason he was stocking shelves..BTW - isn't it funny how superbowls are always boring if your team doesn't make it?...I couldn't;t think of more boring games that the SF and Dallas blowouts...lack of competition make it boring..not defense my friend..

PK (who's been able to resist chiming in on all the CM-flavoured circular, opinion-driven and beaten to death topics but succumbed to this..I beg your forgiveness..!!)

I remember Paydirt fondly, but I was pretty young at the time. "Medium pass" was my mantra, as I was a Raiders fan and it worked well against my friends.

Great box cover, IIRC, very gritty.

How about XOR's "NFL Challenge"? Anyone, anyone? The first real-time display of the action on a PC I think...now that I think about it, kinda like CM. You called the play but could only watch the action unfold, your little x and o players zigging and zagging about the field. Too many turnovers, though.

I think the Super Bowl will be a great game. Just watching the defenses these 2 teams have will be fun. Especially against their less than stellar offenses. Doesnt have to be high scoring to be exciting.

I have played Paydirt, Stratomatic and several others. The best computer version of a football game out now imo is Action2000. An excellent game that can be played over then internet. Has many leagues plus a pretty decent support system. Not as good as CMBO's support system but then who is.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by malthoff:

Hi Kitty, I ve heard about you and like your pictures. Do you like Giants or Ravens?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh? What have you heard? Who said it? It's all lies I tell you, lies!!! `:o

And now for "Kitty's Pick!<tm>"

pick.jpg

Seriously though, I can't call it. I really don't know anything about either of those teams. I've always been a Dolphins fan. =/ I think that Ravens is a cooler name though so I pick them. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source