Best War Movies (re-revisited)....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grisha:

Idi i Smotri, "Come and Look" - a Russian film <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The US title is "Come and see" if anyone wants to search for it. I have only heard great things about this one. I am trying to get hold of it, as well the German movie

"Die Brucke" (The Bridge).

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

5) Daredevils of the Desert - Chapter 15 of the Young Indiana Jones series detailing the Charge of the Light Brigade on Beersheba that puts an Indy twist to the story. Uses some footage from the original movie. Probably one of the best in the series.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a little nitpick Maximus, surprised it wasn't mentioned earlier. The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during the Crimean war in the 1850's? . The famous charge at Beersheba on the 31st of October 1917 was conducted by the Australian 4th Light Horse Regiment.

Now someone earlier mentioned that they were looking for the ww2 documentry 'The Battle of San Pietro', I also am looking for this title and would appreciate any help in finding a copy.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

"Kelly's Heroes" is among my very faves along with the usual two: Das Boot and SPR.

The minefield scene in Kelly's Heroes is one of the most memorable war movie moments of them all.

------------------

-MaxAttax

"Holland can ill afford another of Montgomery's 'victories'"

Well, if we're going to be ridiculous, how about the one where Jerry Lewis joined the Navy? I'm still laughing at the scene where he is forgotten swabbing the deck of a diving sbmarine and he grabs a hold of the periscope. He is making all kinds of grimaces into the periscope with his face pressed into the glass, which leads the captain to think there is some kind of sea monster on the scope, so he keeps dunking it to wash the monster off, which of course only stimulates Lewis to make even worse faces.

Not the high point of WW2, but it was funnier than the closing scene of Saving Private Ryan... eek.gif

Henri

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spook:

Does anyone here know how to get hold of the movie "The Battle of San Pietro" directed by John Huston?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedy:

Now someone earlier mentioned that they were looking for the ww2 documentry 'The Battle of San Pietro', I also am looking for this title and would appreciate any help in finding a copy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Belle & Blade Home Video list it for $19.95.

Guest AbnAirCav

Duplicate post due to server not responding (even tho these three posts were spread over 14 minutes & the first one never appeared during that time frown.gif )

Burned by the Peng cesspool trashing the server?

[This message has been edited by AbnAirCav (edited 01-12-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

The US title is "Come and see" if anyone wants to search for it. I have only heard great things about this one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can rent it through Kozmo.com. They also have 'Ballad of a Soldier'.

------------------

Best regards,

Greg Leon Guerrero

[This message has been edited by Grisha (edited 01-12-2001).]