Unit database

For future CMs I would love to see some sort of seperate 3d unit database. I would want one where you can rotate in 3d like the game. It would be much easier to test mods this way, rather than going into a game. Maybe have it list stats on the side as well. Also, does BTS have the gun/armor penetration charts available anywhere?

Jeez, I reckon that's a good idea.

What might complement it would be a database of unit stats on the CD. You get some of this info in the unit selection screens, but it would be really useful to research the speed, guns, ammo etc of units (especially tanks) in CM. It'd help stop me from buying a Churchill AVRE without knowing what the hell it is....

I would definitely prefer that it be in the game, but I presume you guys know that a database was put together as an excel document with screenshots of the units, costs, and all the raw data (including some additional info such as how common it was, etc) by someone as a third party DB. I don't recall the URL offhand (anyone?) but I've found it invaluable.

As far as penetration charts, those were originally intended to be shipped on the CD, but apparently it would have been a multi-CD set of its own prevented it from happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A Arabian:

by someone as a third party DB. I don't recall the URL offhand (anyone?) but I've found it invaluable.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure if this is the one you are thinking about, but here is one unit database (at the bottom of the page)

Chris Hare's CM Database

If you use the Excel files, please be sure to note his comment about choosing a font after opening the spreadsheet. If you don't, you won't see much. smile.gif

engy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by engy:

I'm not sure if this is the one you are thinking about<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one with pictures and more complete stats (such as MG ammo listings) is Jason's (Guachi). After coming back from a hiatus Jason said he was going to work on his database to bring it up-to-date with the newer changes through CM 1.12. Don't know if he got started on it or not. And I don't believe anyone is hosting his old version right now. The old ASL site had them, but it disappeared. :(

Mine is up-to-date with CM 1.12, AFAIK. But doesn't come with purty pictures or the more detailed info like MG ammo loadout for tanks or which ones have the nahver-what-cha-ma-thingey, etc.

- Chris