And now, the conclusion of Tiborhead vs his girlfriend.

Hello again. Well, we finished up our game last night and I'm just getting around to add the 2nd and final installment of this epic(?)

battle. We left off at the end of turn 13. If you want to hear about the first half, go to the "Tiborhead vs his girlfriend update" thread.

Turn 14: My left platoon is pretty much decimated, and the left VL is about to fall. About halfway through the turn a squad from my center platoon arrives just in time to hold off a enemy rush on the small house right near the VL. Fierce hand to hand combat ensues with both sides taking some losses. Meanwhile, the push on the right suddenly pulls back and dissapears into some pines.

I decide to hold the platoon there incase this is some elaborate ruse to lure me into an ambush. The center is more or less uncontested thanks large in part to the Stug.

Turn 15: The threat on my right flank seems to have subsided for now. In the center, I order my Stug carefully to the left about 5 meters so as to get a los to the left VL. Halfway there, one of the sherms on the ridge to the right gets a good side shot but misses. The Stug gets behind the cover of some pines before a second shot is fired (whew). My Stug immediatly begins targeting a second squad rushing to the small house where the hand to hand is taking place. After a few shots from the main gun the enemy starts a hasty retreat smile.gif, and moments later, my reinforce squad finishes off the remaining enemy squad. I also have my FO target a cluster of trees to the left of the left VL, as that seems to be where she launching these rushes from, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Turn 16-18: Well, just when things start to look up BLAMM!! my Stug goes up in a pillar of flame. Aparantly one of the sherms was able to get just enough LOS through the trees to hit me in the side :mad:. Before I know it, the other sherm starts speeding towards the left VL along with more infantry from the

trees to the left. She's just taken her first VL. I decide to pull the right platoon back to the right VL which is guarded by 2 HMG42s. The center remains calm.

On turn 17 I decide to risk it and send my right platoon to try and retake the left, while center platoon (now 2 squads and a platoon leaded) remain in place as one of her tanks, which I thought was a sherman but was really an m-10 creaps forward right in front of them. They're all hiding in tall pines, so

I'll try to hit him with grenades and my 'fausts when he gets close enough. My arty finally arrives and manages to slow her advance alittle. Turn 18 deals with right platoon rushing behind center's location on their way to attack the enemy's newly aquired and thus poorly defended VL. All the while, the M-10 continues to draw closer to it doom.

:D

BTW I should mention that this is a 25 turn battle just for clarity. Don't know if I mentioned that or not.

Turn 19: well, my FO runs out of ammo towards the end of the turn, but still manages to supperess some of her infantry. By this time I loose sight of her sherman, but the M-10 pulls a few meters from center platoons position and stops. Seconds later, grenades

are flying through the air towards the M-10.

Not one of them is effective, and for some reason the squads decide NOT to use their 'fausts even though the target is like 8 meters away!?!? After a few seconds of this, the M-10 takes off to my left toward the VL and vanished behind a hill. Right platoon is now in the woods behind the left VL but they are tired so I decide to rest them for a turn.

Turn 20-22: Turn 20 is rather uneventful. However on turn 21 right platoon begins it's assualt on the left, and quickly gain a toehold in the small house and scattered trees. It would seem I'v caught her off guard. Midway into turn 22, the enemy units around VL left are fleeing in panic. But towards the end the sherman makes a grand re entrance along with a rag-tag bunch of infantry. The M-10 is still unseen.

Turn 23: The sherman along with the infantry

begin to make mince-meat out of right platoon. Simultaniously, the enemy thrust into my right flank which broke off back in turn 14 re-emerges dangerously close to the right VL. :eek: I decide to pull my center platoon leader and another squad to help out on the right, while I abandon my hopes of holding on to the left and have them withdraw into the woods behind them and move fast to reinforce the center as I am spreading myself too thin.

Turn 24: This is gonna be close. She holds left VL, I hold the center, and right is in question. The back-up force from center arrives at the right VL just in time, while the retreating right platoon gets caught in an open spot between the buring house and the center platoon and recieves heavy fire from the sherm and some small arms. This cancels any hope of effectivly reinforcing the center VL.

Turn 25: This is it. The remnants of right platoon crawl to the safety of the trees housing center platoon. This is about the time the M-10 reappears and puts the ownership of the center VL in question.

On the right, despite a desperate attempt to take back VL right, at the end of the turn it remains in question, resulting in an allied minor victory.

She won? :(

I blame the loss of this battle on my greed

as I should have just held what I had instead of trying to retake the left, and slightly on my VETERAN PZ grenadier squad for not using their fausts on the M-10. But I'm not bitter. Far from it. I'm actually kinda glad she won. It gives her confidence and hopefully she won't tell me that she sucks after every turn. Oh well, It was fun either way and I look forward to our next match.

Well that's it. I hope you enjoyed it, smile.gif

Excellent recount of the battle. Thank you I enjoyed it alot. So, you let a girl beat you! Man, have you no shame? I guess the only thing left is to give her the game as you cannot properly play it and shouldn't be allowed to own it. I hope the others don't hear about this. Now, let me suggest what you should have done - BUT DIDN'T!!! You should have bought a Panther, Tiger and Jagtiger. What were you thinking? We (men) all know girls cheat and will stop at nothing to belittle and degrade us. And you let it happen. Well, I say forget about it and move on. Meaning, you will simply have to get another girl friend. Yes that's right and this time if you do play the new girl friend buy some big mothers and knock her socks off her! Damn girls thinking they can beat a guy! :D No really I think you are a lucky, lucky guy to have a gal like that. Here's to many many battles between you two in the future - may they all only be the game. smile.gif

I'm game. My girlfriend bleats like an ideal Mace companion whenever I load the dam game up.

You should, however, be ashamed that she beat you. I recommend that she punishes you for hours as part of her victory reward. You may enjoy it too :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tiborhead:

She won? :(

I blame the loss of this battle on my greed

as I should have just held what I had instead of trying to retake the left, and slightly on my VETERAN PZ grenadier squad for not using their fausts on the M-10.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be sad, do what she would have done if

she would have lost...go get yourself a new pair of shoes and a nice outfit, something sassy. tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StugIII:

Will you let us know if she comes home one day with The Complete Guide to German Armor of WWII or something similar? Then you'll know she's hooked :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. I should be so lucky. She's too busy reading trashy Anne Rice stuff.

As far as using Tigers or Panthers, some one on the last thread said I was a gamey bastard

for using them against her. Oh well, I guess you can't win 'em all.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> tiborhead wrote:

As far as using Tigers or Panthers, some one on the last thread said I was a gamey bastard for using them against her. Oh well, I guess you can't win 'em all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was the one who accused you of being a gamey bastard when you used a Tiger against your gf in the previous battle. This time you lost with your dignity in tact. Well, maybe you just lost. Anyway, you played fair abd I salute you for that. It seems your gf might be a budding armchair general!

Have fun.

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: Enoch ]

Screw that noise!!!! In the great 'Spouzen Krieg' Panthers are de rigour!!! Gamey my a$$!! If yer not cheatin' yer not tryin'!!!!!

BTW Thanks for good AAR. It was a very good read. I think it's great, if maybe somewhat humbling at times, smile.gif that you and yer GF play together. I've got my GF to play a little AOE2. It's a hoot. Since she's new to this stuff. I just produce the units and hand them off to her. Atilla had nuthin on my GF when it comes to laying waste! smile.gif Now whaddya doin' readin this? You have a rematch to fight!!!

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enoch:

It seems your gf might be a budding armchair general!

Have fun.

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: Enoch ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about that. Even though she likes CM now, I still think she's more partial to Diablo 2. Especially now that the expansion is coming out. I hope she doesn't pull that whole " Well, you'll have to wait until I finish with diablo until i play a rematch." thing just to have the one up.

Wait. Does my first victory count or not, seeing as how it was her first game and all?