OS X driver status?

Haven't been visiting the board for a while. Has there been any mention of new RAVE support in OS X 10.1.1 that would allow CM to be played?

I just made the switch this month to OSX and love it.... except that I have to reboot back into 9 to play CM.

Any news or rumors? From what I understand, Apple has to beef up classic support of RAVE graphics, right?

regards all and happy holidays.

Scott Karch

No, there doesn't seem to be any additional support for RAVE in the Classic environment for OS X with the latest updates. My impression on this is that Apple will probably never completely support RAVE in OS X/Classic. I guess that they believe that all developer's will drop their need for GameSprockets and recode all of their graphics in OpenGL.

It's just one of those areas where things have to move inexorably forward. It's a hassle, but at least you can still run in the pure OS 9.x environment.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

...It's just one of those areas where things have to move inexorably forward. It's a hassle, but at least you can still run in the pure OS 9.x environment.<hr></blockquote>

I completely agree. After using X for a few weeks, I have to say that most of the OS makes more sense than OS9. There are things here and there that are a little confusing, mainly access levels and access by different users to files. I really do like it and think 9 looks kinda klunky and old by comparison.

Scott

I forced myself to run nothing but X for a month (I.e. No CM for a month) and I really like X now/

I very much appreciate the superior multitasking (Like installing a full game like Alice and being on the web at the same time with no slowdowns) and the stability. 1 full month and not a single system crash and I actually like the way the new file system is (Took a while to get used to it)

OS 9 crashed 2 times within a couple of hours of being back and I hate how an app can hang the entire system.

If all my apps ran in Classic I would not look back.

Gyrene