BTS – might some people not find the new forum?

I had the old forum page bookmarked, and it still says it's down for maintenance. I didn't think to access it via the main site's frameset until I heard from someone else that the new forum could be accessed this way. It might be a good idea to redirect people jumping straight into the old forum, no?

well just found this new hideout for the forum. I kept wondering what sort of maintenance would be taking over a week.

I was trying to access the board via my old link

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Combat+Mission&number=1&DaysPrune=5&SUBMIT=Go

yeah, what is this **** moving the forum and having that bogus maintenance **** up? and what is this new forum for anyhow? It is UGLY as hell and well I am really annoyed.

well THANK YOU BTS!

NOT!!!!!

Yeah, we are looking at some sort of re-direct but since those old bookmarks are calling scripts it may be a little harder than I have time for right now. I would have thought the messages about this on CMHQ as well as the News page here would get the point across but sadly apparently not.

Madmatt

hey I'm just *very* not amused about this thing...I'

ve been trying again and again and again and now I found out it's been here all the time!

**** man Madmatt trying to deprive someone of his human right to the CM board!

can't you imagine how DESPERATE I got?

that was NOT a good joke...

(cough cough choke sputter) even w/o hair your hard to swallow BadMutt!

and can't you change the colors / design of this new script? It hurts my eyes...and I'm a bit innovation-allergic / autistic so I really like to keep things the wway I got used to... the new design looks way too much like amazon design or somefink...

even then I *do* like the fact that everyone can now see at a glance that in the eternal order of things I am 3 slots ahead of you, Madmat ! =-)

Ok, everyone is a little on edge.

Trust me, I have busted my ass on this thing all weekend and most of today and I am STILL working on it. Yes I know it is ugly, Yes I know the email still doesn't work, YES I am trying like hell to get it all setup, just be patient guys...

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kmead:

Um, M Hofbauer, did somebody do something really bad to you today? pretty uncalled for don't you think for a FREE SERVICE? Come on, choke back your gall and apologize. Geez.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hah! I won't let some newbie tell me what to do, NUMBER 7 5 6 !! :-p

By the way, let me just add the tidbit of info that the new link WASN'T our idea but due to some brainless, thoughtless HORRIBLE design decission on the part of Infopop who are the makers of UBB. Somehow they think that changing all the script names midway through their product line makes sense.

Madmatt

Only number 756 because I was a lurker for six months, I could have done much better. smile.gif Ok how about date or number of your order? :D I don't honestly remember when I posted my order on the net, but it was right after the second redo of the website in July or maybe August or so of 99. I do have my Panther in a nice frame above mycomputer. ;) Newbie, oh yes thats rich.... tongue.gif

[ 04-09-2001: Message edited by: kmead ]

Well, here's my experience of locating the new site:

First (on Firday) I got the message: "Closed for maintenance", or something like that.

Read the message through, but no notification on when to expect it back on line.

Tried a couple of hours later; looked like the same message, no need to read again.

Tried a couple of more times, during the weekend; same result at a short glimpse.

Then I really re-read the text. Now there was a message that the site had been moved, with the new URL cleverly hidden within the text mass, so as not to be noticed within the first few seconds...

My suggestion:

- Don't redirect automatically, but write the new URL in a large red font below the message.

- Also make it clear in the header that the site has moved.

(The current message looks too much like the earlier maintenance notice!)

Cheers

Olle

Guest Babra

Someone mentioned to me "Gee, is it just me or have you been laying low recently..."

A while later it became apparent why. If someone hadn't given me the URL I'd have never found it.

AGHHHHH!!!!! Me too!!

I was wondering what the hell had happened to the CM Forum as well!!

When I went to my CM Forum bookmark I kept on getting the "Close for maintenance" message. After a few days I started to get the shakes and cold sweats from CM Forum withdrawl symptoms. :eek: Had something tragic happened to the forum?

Only now after almost a week have I been able to realise that the "Closed for maintenance" message I was getting was outdated and the Forum had actually reopened at a DIFFERENT URL. :mad: I got several pages of CM Forum catchup reading to do.

:rolleyes:

Lt Bull