Some VERY pretty tanks

Guest Michael emrys

Guy does very pretty work. The only thing I suppose I would fault him for is that all his AFVs look like they are right off the showroom floor. Except for the ding on the hull front of the Tiger, you'd never guess they'd been in anybody's army.

And why is the Tiger carrying the tactical symbol of a towed AT gun?

But really, I'm just nit-picking. Like I started out with, the guy does very pretty work.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

And why is the Tiger carrying the tactical symbol of a towed AT gun?

Michael

That's the divisional marking for the 1st SS PzGren. Div. LAH used during the Kursk offensive. All the SS divisions at Kursk used "special" division markings in an attempt to deceive the Soviets as to their OoB. Judging from the outcome of the battle, it didn't work or at least it didn't matter. Some SS divisions continued using the Kursk symbology for some time after the battle, so you see them on SS AFVs even into early 1944.

------------------

Later, Dave

The background looks to have been done with MetaCreations Bryce 3D, a fairly simple and straightforward environment fabrication app. that can produce breathtaking backdrops. If anyone is interested, I've got it installed and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to come up with some hi-res backgrounds like the one seen in that picture. Hoot and holler if you'd like to see something of the sort.

Clubfoot.

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

The only thing I suppose I would fault him for is that all his AFVs look like they are right off the showroom floor. Except for the ding on the hull front of the Tiger, you'd never guess they'd been in anybody's army.

Yes, just look at those clean, shiny tracks. They've never touched the ground... rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Olle