1.12 crash update??

still having mult problems with games crashing out in ver 1.12. any update mm? I think you were looking into this problem...

have a saved game, several turns saved that have mult. crash problems. also have the current turn which crashes every time when we try to go to next turn.

Guest Madmatt

I passed on what I had to the almighty Charles, but haven't heard back from him on this. I will see what the plan is at this point.

It seems that although this is certainly annoying for those that it affects it is actually an amazingly SMALL amount of people that are having problems. I am sure that doesn't make you feel any better but it does mean that it is that much harder to track down and discern the root cause.

Madmatt

I'll have to admit, CM never crashed until the latest patch. It happens on both my Win2000 and my Win98/SE machines. Unlike you guys it happens to me at complete random....

-Head

------------------

"I don't need my junkie friends all knockin' at my door. I just wanna do an old time waltz with a buxom Irish whore!"

-Shane MacGowan

I have been playing v1.12 on a Mac and I it has crashed a few times, we had one TCP/IP match that was impossible to finish because of constant crashing.

It has been fairly stable other wise, I'm running on a Mac with OS 9.1 and it is almost never crashes.

I suspect we are stuck with it the way it is.

-tom w

more info:

thanks for the update mm.

it is a very rare occurence for me as well, maybe once every 5 games. usually just reload the autosave turn and continue playing. but it so happens that this last one happened on an operation which we are halfway thru, and it is killing us not to be able to finish the operation smile.gif and we never had a problem with crashes before this last update.

Guest Madmatt

Something to try if the game won't let you proceed. Load the current game and manually save your turn and then reload it as a PBEM battle. Some people have said that this let them continue with the next turn (which they played as a normal PBEM) and they were then able to save and continue later as a TCP game again.

Madmatt

My friends and I have done that MadMatt and it may buy us some time, or skip past the hiccup altogether, but I know three of us, myself included who have experienced the crash problem.

I know this is a bugger to identify and I appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for this game. You were a very good choice of BTS' as a hire.

Regards,

TeAcH