Without Words

Scipio

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xavier:

:cool:Is it historical? It looks like modern french uniforms.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo! That's why I included optional sleeves with 1er Division de France Libre insignia smile.gif

It's unhistoric, but what should I do? The Western Allies used no camo in WWII, and the mono colours are so f... boring. Or maybe I'm a fetishist ;). But they are anyway modeled wrong. As far as I know they used British eqipment, not US - or is this another 'USA saved the world' campaign like 'U-571'??? ;)

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -Havermeyer-:

I thought camo had been used post-D day by some allied units...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I think about it - I've seen some pictures of Marines or Rangers with a kind of Tiger stripes camo, at least on the helmets - but it was from the Pacific theatre. If I find something with historic US camo, I will see what I can do smile.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Now if you could just enjoy modding the web gear...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mh, that rises the question - how much gear would you put on your shoulders in combat? Just a few days ago I read in another post that it's usual to drop the gear for many very good reasons when the fighting starts.

Of course I'm only searching for excuses - I'm just to idle for and uninterested in gear mods. ;)