Another CMHQ Update!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperTed:

There seems to be some markings that warrant investigation at TOMMY: The British in Combat Mission.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, some glorious markings for the stock UC when we have a nice new Hi-Res version available. Talking about taking one giant leap backwards for mankind. :rolleyes:

People scream for hi-res AFV make-overs and when they get them, someone makes special markings for the stock textures. Really, now do tell me. Who's gonna use those? Mac users? tongue.gif LOL!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Hmm, some glorious markings for the stock UC when we have a nice new Hi-Res version available. Talking about taking one giant leap backwards for mankind. :rolleyes:

People scream for hi-res AFV make-overs and when they get them, someone makes special markings for the stock textures. Really, now do tell me. Who's gonna use those? Mac users? tongue.gif LOL!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One question Max what dose Low res have to do with Mac's? I have a Mac and all the highest res mods and they work great so get off your little...P.C rule the world crap! And as C_F asked why dosen't the ignore thing work on the forum?

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

In actual matter of fact I submitted a hi-res carrier mod to CMHQ, but Madmatt hasn't had time to put it up.

Personally, I don't use that many hi-res mods cause my machine crawls a bit as it is. I also use a fair bit of the original stock artwork. I thought I would offer an option for those that don't want to use a bunch of hi-res stuff. At some point, when I get the time, I will do a properly marked hi-res variant, or else do markings for someone else's.

Until then, there is nothing wrong with the stock art. If people want to use my markings (ie they have a favourite regiment or division they want to have their little cyber-troopies associated with) this gives them the option.

I certainly don't expect anyone to jump for joy, David, but I certainly don't expect retarded comments like that, either. I've seen plenty of awful looking **** advertised on this forum, including some of your so called winter and summer schemes, which as MHofbauer points out, was a simple brightness change of the stock artwork (not only was it ahistorical, but kind of insulting to one's sensibilities). But I hold my tongue because I know the proprietors of such things take pride in what they do, and other people enjoy using them. I'm certainly not the arbiter of what is right or wrong in the world.

That's not why we come here.

So the next time you want to email me about how I'm the only person who treats you nicely or happens to agree with you on some point or another, don't bother. As you figured out from my silence after the last email, I'm certainly not your buddy.

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Maximus-thank you for the constructive feedback. It is always nice for the mod-makers to hear encouraging remarks that show an appreciation for the hard work they do.

Captain Foobar-I hope you don't mean me. :eek:

Michael-Keep up the great work. I am not able to express myself as eloquently as Maximus, but I just want to say you are doing a great job with all 47 of your sites. ;)

As a regular Brit player it's always great to see any mod make it to publication although as Pawbroons new UC mod is excellent I'll personally be standing by that one.

The one area that now desperately needs attention in the Brit forces are the halftracks. There's only one US M3 only type mod out there which is great but looks out of place amongst the Brits. The other variants have never been modded at all according to my searches.

Just a suggestion, all works gratefully received smile.gif

Rex, M5 were done by Magua also if I believe the test I just did comparing M3s to M5s.

If you don't find them, I'll zip those for you.

Michael I've been to your site and I am quite pleased with the wealth of info and charts there is for the MOD Sluts.

If you agree, I'll take your markings and do optional files for my UC MOD so that you could host them at your site.

Every MODing initiative is to be commended.

And I am sure happy someone did the research so that simple guys like me could de smooth looking MODs.

I did a LoRes of my Wasp/UC with ALL the markings from that Canadian lunatic...

MODs sent his way.

At least people wouldn't have to trade looks for historicity or system performance.

Thanks again Max for giving us some indications as to what is needed here and there...

:D

Ok, there are certain topics that will get an instant padlock.

Insulting Mac users, or PC users for that matter, will get you the Instant-Madmatt-Lock-O-Lovin.

Insulting ANY mod authors work will getcha a Padlock of Petulance.

Diverting a thread which had as its sole purpose the idolation of my webpage, will also bring out the Shackles-O-Shame.

And guess what this thread did kiddies? Thats right, all of the above.

Ted, thanks for trying to get this back on track but I think it's better to shut this one down before someone says anything else that will have much more long-term consequences....

Madmatt