Most anticipated Soviet vehicles for CM2

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

I'm with MrSpkr; Pz III J for Germans and T-35 for Soviets (although I'm not holding my breath for the T-35 making it in).

Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

Yeah 9/10 chicks say width is more important than lemgth wink.gif

And just how many chicks have you asked about this wink.gif

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by LuckyStrike:

I fail to see why everyone is salivating over the prospect of 'crushing' axis armor with the 'formidable' SU-152 HE round, as if it were some kind of nuclear weapon. Do you see Hummel HE rounds taking out allied tanks all over the field? Ah, its only a 150mm round, that must be the difference! And we all know Soviet rounds had much better performance than their German counterparts lol.

Because crushing Germans is ever so much more fun then doing it to some other Allied nation. Duh! rolleyes.gif

Panzer Leader, isn't CM2 going to be the entire east front war? If so, then the Germans will have plenty (well, not plenty, but you get the idea) of Tigers and Panthers from about mid 1943 onward.

Also, I'm looking forward to the T34/85. Fast, well armored, well armed. Maybe unable to deal with Tiger2 or JagdPanther, but those are going to be very rare in historical scenarios.

DjB

I'll take the IS-3 thank you. 122 gun and up to 230mm armor smile.gif

My real question is this though (probably already on a thread somewhere):

The Soviets often had better equipment (early T-34 for example) and greater numbers than the Germans. Their problem was poor training, tactics, and leadership. How will a historical scenario be "balanced" if the Soviet player is allowed to use "excellent but not historical" tactics? Give a competent CM player a slew of T-34s and the Germans better watch out! Will CM2 limit the Soviets with some sort of vehicle command&control or make all the crews green?

Just wondering?

> Their problem was poor training, tactics,

> and leadership.

Not always, not everywhere, and not for a long time, anyway. All that fancy equipment was lost in summer '41 disaster (mostly bombed out or ditched because of no fuel, no ammo, no spares, no transport etc). In 1942 the mainstream tank of RKKA was T-60. Only by 1943 it was T-34 again.

GothPilot, BTS is, I believe, going to attempt to introduce C&C into vehicles to help simulate differences between German and Soviet tank training.

Without this, it will be very difficult to make a historically-based scenario play out even close to historically. As you described, the Germans often triumphed over local odds of 5:1 against (or worse) due to tactics and command. Take that away and watch out.

DjB