Tiger Tales - First-Hand Accounts of Tiger Life

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JasonC:

Right Grunto IV. Sure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the quotes you appended don't matter one way or another, and neither do they prove or disprove whether the soviets were planning an attack of their own in 1941.

andy

Thanks fallschirmjager for the link, interesting reading.

Seems quite likely (to me) what a 20 year old would write at the time.

As far as the kill numbers go, not only is this a tale of an 'ace', but T-34's WERE shot up in vast quantities. There was a good reason the Soviets had to make 40,000 of them to win.

Other than that it seems pretty well balanced

'Karl my gunner must have fired about 30 shells god knows where he got trained to aim!'

Made me laugh, after all those arguments on how accurate the gunnery should be. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viceroy:

Simon Fox,

you said "the Germans often seem a bit too full of themselves" and "sometimes seeming almost caricatures of themselves". You mentioned the German writers "arrogance".

Don't you feel that the same comments could be made about many of the "historians" on the CM forums? I find some people on these threads to be incredibly pompous and arrogant. :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Certainly.

Also...think about who you are talking about in reference to "being to full of themselves". I think it may be a mistake to make blanket statements like that. Surely there are many writers of the WWII period, who were involved in WWII such as the great Stephen Ambrose who so readily pumps his chest with "ultra american" views.

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: Freak ]