Scenario Depot uncalled for Defences of Reviews or Attacks of Reviews

Rant Mode on...

I am a bit peeved that people feel the need to clutter the scenario Depot by wading in against people who post un favourable reviews.

Yes I have seen some reviews and can not believe the person sees it that way. One in fact made me so annoyed that I tried to get the persons attention here.

Could those involved just let the designer answer the negative comments rather than having fans jump in and abuse the review system even further.

Rant Mode off....

Interesting timing...

See the post that I just made under CMAK Imminent - can we fix the Scenario Depot Rating System Beforehand?. Keeping the banter within the discussions area would keep just the pure review results in the reviews area (in theory anyways).

I agree that attacking reviewers is destructive to the Depot. No scenario is above criticism. All feedback is valid, if it is honest feedback. Take it for what it is worth.

Those who expect the Scenario Depot to be a source of love and adulation are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Holien, which review are you referring to? I'd like to read it.

Hi Runyan99.

I would rather not get into specifics but I have noticed twice now where someone jumps on a reviewer (perhaps legitimately) by posting a zero rated review.

Just narks me off that someone other than the designer needs to jump in. By all means try and engage the person in debate by private e-mail or here on the forum but not by jumping at them in the review section.

:(

H

I agree with Mark. If someone posts complete claptrap about one of my scenarios, I will be able to hold my own (now that I have found my security number again) and no other support (other than genuine reviews) is required or wanted.

I don't think that it is productive to react to a review in the same way as if it was a post here, if you are not the designer - in which case you have the right, and the means to post a response. While that sort of behaviour is probably well-meant, it is a quick way to demean the depot, and it will make Keith's work all the harder.

Originally posted by Holien:

I would rather not get into specifics...

...and yet, I would. Email me with the specific grievance and I'll take a look. Personal attacks, debates, and general nonsense is not permitted within the review system. Reviews or responses of this nature will be summarily deleted.

Just narks me off that someone other than the designer needs to jump in.

Me, too.

By all means try and engage the person in debate by private e-mail or here on the forum but not by jumping at them in the review section.

This is precisely the method that should be used. If anyone has a non-review message for a reviewer or author, then either:

1) Contact them and/or me via email.

B) Contact them via this forum.

III) Keep it to yourself.

Absolutely, positively do not post non-review non-scenario related topics within the review system. Again, these type of postings will be deleted without so much as a "by your leave, you're deleted, mate!".