Aggressiveness setting

Would it be a good idea to change the current order system by combining movement type and aggressivness?

For it example:

I have now a sneak order, which causes my infantry to take cover when dicovers, a normal move, and a fast move.

If I could now set the agressiveness for a unit like

'agressive' - priority is fighting

'neutral' - priority is movement

'defensive' - prioty is cover

Now combine this with the movement - (crawl), sneak, move, run

for example -

sneak agressive: sneak through the wood, kill everything that moves

sneak defensive: sneak through the wood, hide and spy the enemy

run agressive - assault a target

run neutral - reach a position, don't engage even if you get under fire from somewhere

run defensive - try to reach a position, but don't let Fritz make a Schaschlik from you.

Well, just an idea

i would love to see this in CM (if possible smile.gif ). it would be nice to be able to TELL your men to move to somewhere but not to shoot. yes im sure this is on some list of wishes, but it would add something nice. i dont think that would make it gamey either. its not to hard to tell even green troop to move quietly to those trees and "dont shoot at anything!" but, who could ever trust green boys!

This would be a great option to have. I would also like to see target selections...like fire on only hard targets, fire at everything, fire on soft targets less than 50 yards, etc, etc...

I can't stand it when a zook team in hiding opens up on infantry!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hilltopper:

This would be a great option to have. I would also like to see target selections...like fire on only hard targets, fire at everything, fire on soft targets less than 50 yards, etc, etc... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

amen to that brother! has anyone heard any news of a target selection option? so we can tell those panthers to quit picking at those US foot soldiers at 200m and target the tank! drives me crazy!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

amen to that brother! has anyone heard any news of a target selection option? so we can tell those panthers to quit picking at those US foot soldiers at 200m and target the tank! drives me crazy!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only crazy? Thats it! Whats wrong with you man! :eek:

? so we can tell those panthers to quit picking at those US foot soldiers at 200m and target the tank! drives me crazy!"

You are lucky then. Because my Panthers usually will turn 90degrees to fire at some trooper 600 meters to the left or right and then get smacked in the side with a shell from an opposing tank. Cats get hurt that way.

Gen

As addtion/correction : the movement 'type' would be better defined as 'movement speed'

- slow, normal, fast

So slow defensive = sneak and hide

slow and agressive = sneak and engage

Well, we will see if and when this will be realized smile.gif