U.S. Half Tracks

BTS didn't have time to get to all the vehicles they would like to have included, such as the ones you've mentioned. There have been many theads on this subject. You can do a search, but I hear searches take forever nowadays.

Edited because if Rob/1 can make a post without any spelling errors, so can I. smile.gif

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

On the subject of left out vehicles, it would be neat to have some of the US amphibean vehicles like the DUCK and the amphibean jeep. I bought a model of the amphibean jeep and the blurb with it said that the Russians used them in a major river crossing so maybe they can show up in CM2 as lend lease equipment. :D

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

BTS didn't have time to get to all the vehicles they would like to have included, such as the ones you've mentioned. There have been many theads on this subject. You can do a search, but I hear searches take forever nowadays.

Edited because if Rob/1 can make a post without any spelling errors, so can I. smile.gif

Very funny... tongue.gif

[ 04-25-2001: Message edited by: Rob/1 ]

The reason why there was only one type of half-track is the same reason why they kept the Sherman for so long. Logistics, logistics, logistics. Fewer parts to inventory, fewer repair manuals, an easier supply chain. From the start the designers weren't thrilled by the halftrack's verticle armor plate but stopping the assembly line and retooling was considered to be absolutely out of the question.

As for the German multiple vehicle types, I always did wonder how they coped when their Hungarian truck (or French, or Italian or Czech, etc.) broke a part out on the russian steppes and their supply chain didn't carry it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeyD:

As for the German multiple vehicle types, I always did wonder how they coped when their Hungarian truck (or French, or Italian or Czech, etc.) broke a part out on the russian steppes and their supply chain didn't carry it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simple, with their feet.

Actually; I think there are four (or even six, depending on how you count) US halftracks in the game.

- It's the regular M3 and M3A1 transports.

- There are two mortar halftracks (who's designation illudes me).

- And then there are the M5 and M5A1 export versions used by the CW.

Cheers

Olle