Explosion Graphics Questions

Okay, I finally got my Voodoo 3 installed and running properly for CM. Now, for the first time, I can see the good smoke and explosion graphics! Woo Hoo! I can also afford to mod my game a bit now.

A few questions on explosion graphics:

1) Which are the most recent? The ones on CMHQ, or the ones that come with version 1.03?

2) I updated to the ones on CMHQ, supposing that they are the newest. In my current game, one of my Shermans got hit by an 88 and brewed up. However, the hit was NOT accompanied by the gigantic explosion I have seen in my last couple of games. Simply a hit sound and fire in the turret. Is the massive explosion graphic no longer in the CMHQ explosions, or is it simply random whether or not it occurs when a tank is brewed?

3) What explosion and fire graphics are everyone else using?

Thanks for any help.

1)They work on all versions Mr.Clark. 2)The explotions are randum baced on real and fuzy logic.3) The new beta b24 has new explotions in it made by BTS?

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 01-01-2001).]

Wait, those are the same old bright 3D explosions you guys did back in September.

I just extracted the patch into a temp directory and they have the same old date of like 9/4/00. What's new about them? Unless you've been a slack-ass and never got them from CMHQ when they first came out. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

NO Max have you been sleeping well BTS was talking again?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you Rob? Those have been out since September. Check the dates on the explosion .bmps They say 9/4/00--hardly anything new. rolleyes.gif

There not new as in new but there newly hard coaded..well there not but the newly pre placed in bemp that will ship with 1.1. Get it now Max?

But to answer Mr. Clark's original questions, before Rob became confused. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

A few questions on explosion graphics:

1) Which are the most recent? The ones on CMHQ, or the ones that come with version 1.03?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which version??? Anyway, it appears as though BTS had implemented a mear update to the bmps that they used to use in their previous patches to Tiger's and Matt's 3D-Look Explosions

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>2) I updated to the ones on CMHQ, supposing that they are the newest. In my current game, one of my Shermans got hit by an 88 and brewed up. However, the hit was NOT accompanied by the gigantic explosion I have seen in my last couple of games. Simply a hit sound and fire in the turret. Is the massive explosion graphic no longer in the CMHQ explosions, or is it simply random whether or not it occurs when a tank is brewed?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are the same. Both sets-the ones in the patch and the ones on CMHQ both have the date 9/4/00. And it is not really random, it is more like what kind of hit the vehicle takes, whether it is a hit that brews up ammo or fuel. I think...I could be wrong, it may just be random, but it is more frequent with lighter armored vehicles such as Priests and Hummels

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>3) What explosion and fire graphics are everyone else using?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously the explosions in the patch. I also use the fire that was in the original mod from September.

read above Max.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hate to break it to ya Rob, but hard-coding means that it can't be changed by the end-user. I can go in there right now and do whatever I want to with those BMPs. Implemented new BMPs into Patches does not make them Hard-Coded.

As I've listed before, the hard-coded images in the game are as follows:

Bazookas

'Schrecks

Piats

Mortars (excluding Vehicle-mounted mortars)

Berretts

and oh, your favorite...Tracers

Hence that's why there hasn't been any mods for these.

There not new as in new but there newly hard coaded..well there not but the newly pre placed in bemp that will ship with 1.1. Get it now Max?

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 01-01-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't read this did you Max

I did Rob, several times in fact to try to comprehend what you said, and the truth is you didn't read my answer. Bmp's aren't hard-coded. The game was hard-coded with v1.01 to display these bmps for explosions. But these "so-called" new ones are only updated versions from what they used to offer in their patches.

Please read my posts before you humiliate yourself again. I'm growing tired of explaining simple things to veteran players.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Crap. There goes part of my British Uniform mod mad.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that sucks don't it. I discovered this when I tried finding the bmp for the BA berret (one 't' isn't it?) wink.gif for my winter versions and there isn't one.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-01-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

I did Rob, several times in fact to try to comprehend what you said, and the truth is you didn't read my answer. Bmp's aren't hard-coded. The game was hard-coded with v1.01 to display these bmps for explosions. But these "so-called" new ones are only updated versions from what they used to offer in their patches.

Please read my posts before you humiliate yourself again. I'm growing tired of explaining simple things to veteran players. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You still don't get it...hehe well if you don't get it you never will. But here a go. What I said was it will be in 1.1 not 1.01 Max Max Max. Read the fine print or do you need glasses.By the way note this Max I said this "its hard coded...well not"

Guest Madmatt

Maximus and Rob, this is IT! You guys continue wasting my bandwidth with pointless arguing and I will remove you BOTH from the forum.

I have warned you time and time again and you ignore it. Now my patience is gone. Stop it or your history.

Madmatt