QB suggestion for the future

Maybe if you are playing the same person over and over. Personally, I don't care if you beat JoeNewbie with only 800 of your 1000 purchase points, I sure wouldn't expect to see that 200 points showing up in a game we play later. So, I guess what I'm saying is, no. Each battle is a different day on a different map when it comes to QBs. Randomness of maps and units (if comp selected) can tip the scales enough to make every game different.

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: GenSplatton ]

It's an interesting idea. WillHammer seems to be suggesting that you would get an advantage in the scoring for using less units. Frankly though, I don't see how this is any better than actually getting the units. And what if you were to trade them all in for victory points?

Xerxes, I see one major flaw in your idea. What's to stop me from buying one sharpshooter at the beginning and hiding him somewhere and then halfway through the battle getting twice the normal force for one massive blow. It could be very easy to get lots of very strong units.

curih

Guys,

This is old hat in now defunct Avalon Hill's "Up Front" WWII card game. You can purchase reinforcements at a discount, depending on which deck they enter. It can be very exciting to unexpectedly run into a King Tiger late in the game. It can also be exciting trying to survive a fully deployed force with a weak one while waiting for that King Tiger to arrive, and it may not be as early as hoped.

Victory points remain the same by the way, being based upon squad morale, casualties, captures and routs.

Hope this helps. I think the basic idea's sound, but it may reqire tweaking to work in a CM context.

Regards,

John Kettler