Icon't Stand it!

Does anyone out there have a better CM icon on their desktop than the rather sad little purple and gray speckled tank thingee that's in the CM executable?

If so, please share... Or, if anyone with the talent and the tools would step up and do a few nice 72 x 72 256+ color icons, that would be even better.

I'm just a little embarrased that this great game with stupendous, mod enhanced graphics is still hooked to a bare bones purple tank. eek.gif

Anyone?

- Old Dog

I don't even have a CM shortcut on my desktop. I moved it down to the taskbar and it shows up as a "C." I don't have to go hunting through icons that way. This works on Windows98 and above. I am sure one of the talented artists can come up with something though.

My pleasure Old Dog.

If anyone else wants to make a new icon simply:

1) Copy a .bmp file associated with a interface panel portrait (e.g., 1100.bmp) to your CMBO root directory.

2) Rename it with an .ico extension.

3) Then point your desktop shortcut to that icon, which is in the same directory as the executable.

Pretty simple.

DeanCo -

The bmp has to be the right size - and the interface panel portraits are right on. But I guess any editing bmp would work. I leave that to the professionals like yourself.

P.S. I love your mods. Gunmetal and its improvements are excellent and enhance gameplay quite a bit. Keep up the good work.