I want high res train tracks! Get to work, mod slaves!

I have Normandy when its clear, DD's terrain when it snows, every high res piece of infantry clothing known to man, winterized marders out the yinyang, and the one thing that still looks "blah" is my train tracks.

Has anyone here played around with them, maybe just fading the black and whit a bit, or anything?

I know of two sets of track mods. One is the set from Rich Tremble at Matt's site.

The other is a set with brown dirt and what I currently use. I cannot remember where they are at but for some reason I remember them being at the Last Defense.

Hope that helps.

Yes, there's a double track set in with Richard Tremblett's stuff and a muddy track mod at the Last Defense. The muddy version is low res and doesn't look all that appealing. The double track is better looking, but still isn't up to today's standard.

You'd think Pud or Tanks a Lot would do one.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Thanks guys, you are mucho helpful.

Now, this doesnt mean that the modslaves can rest easy, I want them competing for my business.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the pay rate for a mod slave is about the same as the rate for a CM webmaster. smile.gif Perhaps BTS will take pity on us and give mod slaves and webmasters free copies of CMBB to reward us for making their game better? :D

edit: CMBB, not CMBO!

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the pay rate for a mod slave is about the same as the rate for a CM webmaster. smile.gif Perhaps BTS will take pity on us and give mod slaves and webmasters free copies of CMBB to reward us for making their game better? :D

edit: CMBB, not CMBO!

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about free,(thats asking to much) but a discount would be nice. :D

Heres a quick attempt. Save the image as 659.bmp into your bmp directory and tell me how it looks. Im at work so dont have access to the game (not for another 6 hours or so.

659.bmp

Its only one tile but if you make a map with straight track should be there.

[edit - this is low res, was hi-res but I dropped it down since not everyone has P3-1gigs, like me :D , I will be making it bith hi and low]

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Pud ]