Hull Down (bow MG blocked) - new or just new to me?

Today in a PBEM I got a Panther in a nice Hull Down position and the "bow MG blocked" followed the "Hull Down" text. I don't recall seeing this before or if I have I had not noticed it. I've seen lots of tanks hull down too. Is this something that's been added in a recent patch or have I just taken a long time to see it happen? Also I wonder if it shows if an enemy Hull Down tank has its bow MG blocked. Interesting.

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeE:

Today in a PBEM I got a Panther in a nice Hull Down position and the "bow MG blocked" followed the "Hull Down" text. I don't recall seeing this before or if I have I had not noticed it. I've seen lots of tanks hull down too. Is this something that's been added in a recent patch or have I just taken a long time to see it happen? Also I wonder if it shows if an enemy Hull Down tank has its bow MG blocked. Interesting.

Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now to you.

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

No, this was a featured in either patch b22 or b23, can't remember which.

'Cause if you think about it, if your hull is "hull down" how could your hull-mounted bow MG fire?

Co-axial still works though, I believe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My question is have they fixed it so when your tank or tank destroyer gets a gun hit they can still fire the bow MG. I have yet to see a tank that has a bow MG fire after it gets a gun hit. I can understand the Gun hit disabling the coaxial MG, but shouldn't the bow MG still work.

Theron

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gremlin:

It looks to me from a couple recent games like all guns are affected if the main one is, which, as you say, makes little sense.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had a tank still fire one of it's MG's after the main gun was out. Can't recall the tank, or what patch it was though.

This is new to me, though I knew something like it would come.

It was most important for hull only AFVs since they could have los to a target but not be able to fire.

Thanks Dan, now maybe I will know that my carriers can't fire smile.gif

------------------

Muddying the waters as usual.