Hotseat games

I play hotseat games almost sometimes.

They take much less time than PBEM, but much longer than brushing your teeth.

The point values can vary tremendously. Sometimes they are for alot of points, other times they are for hardly any points.

Many people debate whether they are fun or not. Some people say we will never know.

Hope this helps.

Hotseat games are much quicker than PBEM games due to the fact that there is no time lost when no one is doing a turn and the file is just sitting in an e-mail box somewhere.

I have yet to try a Transfer Control Protocol/Internet Protocol game seeing as how CM is installed in my bedroom computer and not my livingroom computer which has the internet connection.

BTW, can CM be played through a modem connection over a Local Area Network?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I play hotseat games almost sometimes.

They take much less time than PBEM, but much longer than brushing your teeth.

The point values can vary tremendously. Sometimes they are for alot of points, other times they are for hardly any points.

Many people debate whether they are fun or not. Some people say we will never know.

Hope this helps. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do hotseat games have as much CM2 as CM2?

Gyrene

Tankman, you could play hotseat with more than one person, give one control of the armor and the other control of the infantry.

As far as points, play whatever you have time for. Waiting for your opponent to get done with his turn could get frustrating in hotseat games, institute a time limit (3 minutes and you're off the chair) or prepare for a long day.

Gyrene

The most common type of hotseat game for me is solo play, where I control both sides.

Usually I do this as part of testing a scenario I've created, or just to try out some specific equipment or tactic.

I've played hotseat with my girlfriend twice.

It was quite nice, but a bit unnerving to sit idle and wait for her to plot orders and watch the movie.

Cheers

Olle

I used to play hotseat with my girlfriend but then we got married...(rim shot) :D

Seriously, I find playing hotseat against myself to be a good learning tool. Helps me understand when I can see the enemy and when they can see me in different terrain/environment settings. I've never played hotseat against someone but I think I would prefer some way to directly connect two PC and play head to head without going through the net.

Sluggo