Grossdeutschland TIGER and panzer grey truck mods

MikeT is mostly correct. They sat out of Poland though (much to their chagrin!) but did see extensive service in France, notably at Stonne. After that, the Division GD served mostly in Russia.

Some of the satellite regiments/divisions - ie Führer Grenadier and Führer Begleit Battalion/Regiment/Division did serve in the west.

A battalion of GD equipped with Panthers was also attached out to, I believe, a panzer regiment that served in Normandy.

The green-striped Tiger comes both with and without GD markings, as does the panzer grey truck. You can use them for western front games too, or use them with Frontovik.

I really like that Tiger. I always liked Tiger's grey Tiger, but it didn't fit in with everything else. Thanks for the revision!

In case anyone else was having trouble, the link didn't work for me, but after taking off the index.htm it worked fine.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

I really like that Tiger. I always liked Tiger's grey Tiger, but it didn't fit in with everything else. Thanks for the revision!

In case anyone else was having trouble, the link didn't work for me, but after taking off the index.htm it worked fine.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had a couple of reports that the link is bad, but it works fine for me. Maybe cause it is in my cache.

Out of curiousity - which browser are you using?

Never mind - just edited the link from .htm to .html

I had changed this because the default index page Angelfire gives you is html but Front Page defaults to save it as .htm

I thought people meant the link from the main GD page to the download page was bad - didn't realize you meant the link on this very page.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

The green-striped Tiger really fits in well with the other popular german tank mods out there. Nice job.

Just a couple of notes. The GD option bmp has the 2nd SS PG Div. "Das Reich" doppelrune Kursk marking on it along with the GD "helmet". I also think that the Tigers of the GD never carried the familiar helmet unit symbol. The sPz 505 "cavalier" was only painted on the turret side. An earlier "snorting bull" looking thing was painted on the front.

But I really like it. As much as I like KwazyDog's Tiger for the detail, I never thought the colors went very well with the Fernando's and others mods.

Thanks

Michael, I have been looking around for references and all I have found so far is this: There was only one company of Tigers with GD at Kursk, the 13th Co of Pz Rgt GD and they all had turret numbers starting with "S". After the co was expanded to a Tiger Battalion, the companies used A,B,C and the battalion command tanks kept the S.

Strangely, it appears that only Das Reich and Totenkopf used the special Kursk signs, along with the 6th and 19th Pz Divisions, the 6th using the 3 lines like Totenkopf and the 19th using the 2 lines with a bottom horizontal line like DR, possibly a different color.

Anyone else with more info?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by highlife:

Just a couple of notes. The GD option bmp has the 2nd SS PG Div. "Das Reich" doppelrune Kursk marking on it along with the GD "helmet". I also think that the Tigers of the GD never carried the familiar helmet unit symbol. The sPz 505 "cavalier" was only painted on the turret side. An earlier "snorting bull" looking thing was painted on the front."

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Highlife:

1) Dopplerune? - Damn, that was an earlier version. I wonder if I uploaded the wrong zip.

2)GD Helmet - Your probably right about them never carrying the helmet symbol. While it may be unhistorical, it is an option.

3)sPz 505 "cavalier - Again, I think your correct. Fyi, I have an oversized cavalier for Tiger's Gray Tiger - yes, it's on the turret.

Glad you guys like it. Not perfect but a nice filler until Fernando or Marco get to the Tiger.