Yet ANOTHER mod preview--and I need some opinions

Ok, one last German uniform mod, my attempt at a Waffen-SS 44 dot camo outfit.

grey6.jpg

I'm kinda not that happy with it, but I'll release it if enough people want it, so any feedback is appreciated (though I don't think I need to ASK for it in this forum :D).

Next opinion: does anyone want me to compile the uniform mods in a giant hi-res German action pack™?

Last opinion: whattaya want next? I'm thinking of the US uniforms, but I'm open to suggestions. I don't think I want to do any more Germans, for now.

Finally! M44 Dot pattern! Here's my suggestion though... your light tan dots seem to big, maybe lessen their size a bit and it will blend alot better with all the other colors.

BTW, did they ever make a M44 helmet cover?

I second the Hi-res German Action Pack (with swivel arm battle grip!). One d/l for those that haven't gotten any of the German uniform mods. Mod manager compatable version too if possible?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warmaker:

Finally! M44 Dot pattern! Here's my suggestion though... your light tan dots seem to big, maybe lessen their size a bit and it will blend alot better with all the other colors.

BTW, did they ever make a M44 helmet cover?

I second the Hi-res German Action Pack (with swivel arm battle grip!). One d/l for those that haven't gotten any of the German uniform mods. Mod manager compatable version too if possible?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...the pattern was sampled off of an actual M44 tunic. I'll try darkening the highlights a bit to see if that helps.

My research seems to indicate that there was no M44 dot helmet cover, but I could be wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schutzstaffel:

i already have it ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, where did you get it? I only sent it to Manx & Tom a few minutes ago...

Oh yeah, I darkened it a bit:

dot.jpg

And "SS Peiper"--here's yer @#$%&@! Italian camo pants:

italian.jpg

Happy now? :D

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

The darkening worked nicely. As for my earlier comment about the light tan dots it's not that bad I mean. Just the ones on the knees and thighs seem larger than the rest. The blouse looks great BTW. I've been comparing them to the book "Camouflaged Uniforms of the Waffen-SS."

Other than that, great work as usual!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warmaker:

The darkening worked nicely. As for my earlier comment about the light tan dots it's not that bad I mean. Just the ones on the knees and thighs seem larger than the rest. The blouse looks great BTW. I've been comparing them to the book "Camouflaged Uniforms of the Waffen-SS."

Other than that, great work as usual!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see what you mean. I think it's an distorting effect of the wire-frame model on the texture. Darkening it lessens the appearance, though.

Damn, those are very nice. I didn't think I'd ever want to change from the ones I have but I would for these. Excellent job. Yes, please do let us have them. I also would like to see you do some American uniforms. If they look as good as these they will be welcome as well. Thanks for your work and thinking of us great guys here at the forum. :D

Those look swell...but what's the deal with those prone British paras sporting wood in the background of your screen shot?

No really, them's some fine pantaloons. I'm gonna dress up my little Germans in those asap!

They look good, but at this time of the war most of the SS uniforms were being manufactured in a works in Thüringen that only had access to feld-grau thread. The stitching probably needs to be touched up.

"Downloading Mods is Downloading Communism."

--Terrence

Actually I prefer the lighter uniform (SS). I like being able to see the enemy better and feel it makes the game look better. So maybe you could post both mods. I really would like to have them (lighter mod ) but will take the darker set if the only one posted. Excellent job either way.

Ignore my above post I hadn't realized you had already sent them to the site. I'll be plenty happy with the darker SS set. Again, many thanks. So what have you decided to do next? Also, about how long does it take to do one mod like the SS one? Just curious?