operations

H911,

In September of this year, I underwent knee reconstruction. Things went very well and the physical therapy has been great! This week, I started running again and it actually felt fantastic to get back out there!

I've had a couple other operations, but we can go into that later.

:D:D:D:D

(Damn, I am sooooo funny.)

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: SuperTed ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Yes, before he was known as SuperTess<hr></blockquote>

LOL

Hydra, there's about 8 operations that come with the game, plus you can download a ton more from the CM websites. There's everything- paratroopers at Arnhem, assaulting the sigfried line, the rout across France, hedgerow country, winter battles, you name it.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

LOL

Hydra, there's about 8 operations that come with the game, plus you can download a ton more from the CM websites. There's everything- paratroopers at Arnhem, assaulting the sigfried line, the rout across France, hedgerow country, winter battles, you name it.<hr></blockquote>

While we're on this, what operations do people actually LIKE? I've found many of them quite frustrating because of problems with the setting of no-man's land, which often pushes the defender back no matter what, and other implementation issues that don't occur in battles.

Are there any scenarios that get around these problems particularly well.

If anyone wants to hear about my hernia operation, on the other hand, I'm not telling.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CombinedArms:

While we're on this, what operations do people actually LIKE? I've found many of them quite frustrating because of problems with the setting of no-man's land, which often pushes the defender back no matter what, and other implementation issues that don't occur in battles.<hr></blockquote>

The ones that are designed around a linear advance work particularly well. Son comes to mind as does Advance to Mortain, or whatever it's called, from the CD. We just need to ask BTS about improvements come time for CM2, assuming this hasn't been worked into CM:BB. Then the frustrating aspects should disappear.

Nathanael

Language Change (sound's cool huh?)

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: von Murrin ]</p>

Well, I would highly advise waiting for the upcoming operation, Steckenroth Roadblock, which is designed with a linear advance and a very small no-mans land, as well as some nasty suprises.

It is also only 3 battles of 15 turns each, making it reasonable enough-sized for multiplayer gaming.

Mortain does show how good the operations engine can be when you design an operation to work within its limitations.

There is another smallish operation which also uses the engine properly, but I am blanking on its name.

WWB