Expert(or very damn good) defender requested

I second the Swamp recommendatation. He is also very friendly in talking about tactics, each loss against him boosted my playing abilities quite a bit. But please don't register just to play him once, that distorts the thouse ranking.

It is also notable that he is an infantry-heavy player. If you think heavy armour is required in an unlimited CMBO game, get corrected.

Also, if you want to get angry, play Ghost358th. He will hit you in some way that you feel helpless, angry and undereducated about CMBO weapons. He doesn't win as constantly as Swamp, but when he strikes he does it real.

What play style does Fionn use? What makes some people angry about his play?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andreas:

Fionn plays according to Red Army Infantry Regulations 1936. Why that makes people angry is puzzling.<hr></blockquote>

I know about that Soviet thing but as you say it doesn't explain at all why people get angry. I figured he must used techniques that exploited game mechanics. Anyone knows more?

BTW, any sources for this kind of doctrine documentation?

About the Fionn thing. Actually I wouldn't like to discuss this when the man himself is not around to speak for himself. Or rather, is a lurker by choice. But I'm compelled.. :rolleyes:

From my earlier post you might get the impression that I was angry about Fionn's playstyle. This was not really the case... :D

It was in the invitational tournament. I chose to play him not to win, but to minimise my defeat. He didn't take well to this approach. After some discussion (heated but not flaming) we decided to cancel and start over. But then he had to drop out before we could do the rematch.

IMHO there's nothing in Fionn's playstyle that should make people angry. Well.. except the anger and frustration from getting killed.

And then he has/had this uncanny ability to rub you just the wrong way...