Soviet Ampulomet Battalion Scenario

Yes, I've gone insane and created 'A Burning Insanity', which features a Russian all-Ampulomet Battalion vs a Hungarian all-Flamethrower Battalion in Pokrov Crater near Novgorad.

This one is just for fun. Eager to have it playtested. You can download it from THE PROVING GROUNDS.

I suspect it could be quite challenging as a two-player game, or at least amusing. Cheers!

MrSpkr

I downloaded your Mud-Bogging.. I play a hotseat game with a neighbor 2 or 3 days a week.. will put it on the list... give me a week or two... also try posting it at The Proving Grounds which is a awesome site, with lots of playtesting going on and lots of discussion interfaces (they have a posting board for each scenario) between the designers and playtesters.

FredRocker

MrSpkr!

Turns out I had already downloaded Mudbogging from The Scenario Depot, along with about 100 other scenarios, but hadn't got around to it.

Pity it's a two-player, in that I've never played anyone else, not sure how to do it, not sure my computer can handle it, and mainly, because of my hours and the fact I share this computer with my wife. In other words, unpredictable when I can use it. So all my games have been a few minutes here & a few minutes there vs the AI.

Already played one turn as Allies. Already 'cheated' by having several trucks & jeeps head off across the grass instead of keeping to the roads. I promise a review once I'm finished, even if the AI doesn't kick in.

I suspect A Burning Insanity is best played two player also. Hope you try it. Cheers!

Hi MrSpkr!

Posted a review of MUD BOGGING in the Scenario Depot. Sorry to say it comes out as 5.5 out of 10.

I liked the map, but the game itself I found to be too slow in execution to maintain my interest. Even for racing fans, it's too slow.

Made the suggestion you change the mud roads to paved to speed things up.

At the end, both sides sort of mill about the flags & the game seems to have trouble deciding whom to award the flags to.

Maybe if, instead of a meeting in the centre, the object is to race from one end of the board to the other, each side racing towards each other & passing each other in opposite directions, both sides trying to exit as many units as possible within a given time, it might add the tension and sense of urgency which is otherwise lacking.

Especially if you throw in minefields, maybe some strafing aircraft, etc.

I do like the map itself tho, be great for an infantry battle methinks, thro in some light armour...

Cheers! Graeme

Pity it's a two-player, in that I've never played anyone else, not sure how to do it, not sure my computer can handle it, and mainly, because of my hours and the fact I share this computer with my wife. In other words, unpredictable when I can use it. So all my games have been a few minutes here & a few minutes there vs the AI.
PBEM was made for people like you - you can send off your turn whenever you get to it. It's actually pretty darn easy. If you like, email me and I'll be happy to start up a game with you and help you out with any problems you might have.