Killed TC while buttoned up?!

I had this greyhound see, and it was buttoned up see, and this arty barrage began falling see, and then my crew became shocked when it's TC died after a near miss. There was no message that said internal flaking or that the tank just got hit someplace. No immobilization, no nothing. Just one crew casualty (presumed dead?) where there was a healthy crew the second before.

Now, what in the world just happened? Concussion? Shrapnel penetrate the armor? Mutiny?

This happened to one of my HMC's when my opponent fired some heavy arty at me. There was a hit nearby the M8 that buttoned them up but a tree burst the next few seconds went through the top or something to destroy it. Was that because the turret has an open top or could the shrapnel have penetrated through the top armor?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Was that because the turret has an open top or could the shrapnel have penetrated through the top armor?<hr></blockquote>

Either are possible, but given that it is an open topped vehicle, I'd vote for shrapnel spraying the fighting compartment.

Michael

I just watched a movie of one of my pbem's, and saw something new. I had a AFV buttoned (non open top) sneaking up on some HT's and It got shocked. After watching the movie ten time's. I realized that the TC didn't get curious, and take a peak out of the top hatch. I'm guessing that a .50 cal cut through it and killed someone.

Now I've probally played 200 or so games and never saw this before. Weird. I guess they got a loader or something eh? So when the driver get's hit that's when everyone bails out? Cool.

Greyhounds are pretty lightly armored. A good blast nearby will take them out fairly easily compared to a fully enclosed and more "heavily" armored Sherman. A full fledged medium or heavy tank requires dirty work unless you want to waste precious artillery rounds in a gamble to try and disable, much less destroy the tank. Unless you've got really, really heavy artillery (like 14 in.).