Anyone know if the Maus will see action in CM2??

This is just a spotty recolection on my part, but I seem to vaugely recall a thread where is was stated that the SturmTiger was going to mostly be the only real Uberkaisepanzer (which I think is german for super cheeze tank) in CMB2B. I could be wrong tho.. Im too lazy to do a search for it.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: PVLLVS MAXIMVS ]

Without a system for simulating mechanical reliability the Maus would be almost unbeatable in CMBB, thus contrary to the dismal real life performance of the thing.

Depending on how the rarity system works out, you'd have to give up quite a bit just to have one Maus.

Gyrene

You're right, but the JagdTiger, is also a pretty tough opponent in CM. If it's only used in the Berlin battle i think it's okay!!!.

Like in CM you can make a deal with your TCP/IP or PBEM opponent, that you don't use Ãœbersuperkraftfulpanzer etc.

I'm pretty certain Steve has said the Maus is not going to be included, along with the Panther F and II. The main reason was there is no hard data that they ever saw combat and no hard evidence of their capabilities. We've all seen how hesitant BTS is to use guesstimated numbers.

It could be fun though, but I see the point especially with the Panther with Wampir (Wampire).

I seem to remember that someone said that he could see in CM database that the sturmtiger and other units were included, but it wasn't possible to purchase it.

It could be cool if it was possible to download a patch that made it possible to use the "hidden" units.

Does any of you know where to see what kind of units who will be represented in CM2

The Red Army never encountered a Maus in combat. They built themselves a "new" Maus out of the two finished but later selfdestructed prototypes and the not completed follow up models. This is the one in the Kubinka Museum in Russia.

Just because the word "Sturmtiger" is hidden somewhere in the sourcecode of CMBO does not mean that there is actually one. There is no model, there are no textures and there are no game stats for one. It is impossible to have a Sturmtiger in CMBO.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Warphead- ]

Maus, scmhaus. It never saw action. Unlike the Goliath, a little bundle of love consisting of basically a demo charge housed in a mini tracked vechile that was wire controlled. Drive if over to the enemy from the saftey of your own trench and bang. The US of course had something bigger and better, the size of a normal tank that although manned exploded into flames when close to the enemy, Or is that just my Shermans tongue.gif

If the T-44 gets included I'm gonna be pissed. It was just a prototype! When SP:WAW came out T-44s were all over the place, totally unbalanced the game. T-44s were awesome, could not kill the damn things.

One website I saw said 200 T-44s made in 1945. I don't think its worth the effort. Just gonna unbalance the game. Pumas do not unblance the game though, the Americans had plenty of killer ACs that could handle it. Germans would need a Tiger for every T-44, but if you are using rarity then it would never be seen.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Mr. Johnson-<THC>- ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

If the T-44 gets included I'm gonna be pissed. It was just a prototype! When SP:WAW came out T-44s were all over the place, totally unbalanced the game. T-44s were awesome, could not kill the damn things.

One website I saw said 200 T-44s made in 1945. I don't think its worth the effort. Just gonna unbalance the game. Pumas do not unblance the game though, the Americans had plenty of killer ACs that could handle it. Germans would need a Tiger for every T-44, but if you are using rarity then it would never be seen.

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Mr. Johnson-<THC>- ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw some website the other day which said there were something like 900 of them built by the end of '45, but even tho they passed their trials and stood up well in comparative testing witha captured Panther they were never used on combat because the Red Army was afraid they would be mechanically unreliable and that they would lack the proper spare parts and such. Makes them sound almost like the Pershing to me.

This is interesting to:

t44_14.jpg

Prototype T-44 with captured Panther. From the Panther add center mounted turret for more accurate shooting, drivers hatch relocated from the front glacis to the roof for a stronger front plate, torsion bar suspension for better ride....and the 'Pantherization' of the T-34 is complete.

T-34 inspires Panther, Panther inspires T-44, T-44 becomes the father of the T-54 and thus all following Soviet tank designs.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen-x87H:

Look I have no problem adding a unit into CMBB if it is historically accurate.

If the T-44 saw action in WWII then bring it on. I have a Pak43 waiting for it smile.gif

Gen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It never was used in the field. If it did, a Pak43 would have tough time with it, since the glacis plate is 90mm@60 degrees. It would have to go through the front of the turret which isn't that big.