Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Nahverteidigungswaffe--a FIRST.

I was playing Villers Boccage-Tiger, again. I destroyed a house with a Nahverteidigungswaffe also killing the Brit infantry inside.. I even have a screenshot of it inflight and at initial detonation.

Anybody else have any Nahverteidigungswaffe equivalents?

Guest Babra

I had one pop up and come down squarely inside an M5 Halftrack, blowing it to rat-poo. Same scenario.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'm impressed that you spelled it correctly both times out. Tell the truth, Maximus - did you cut and paste? ;)

Seriously - interesting anecdote. Can we coax you into putting up the screen shots here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. In naming the two screenshots I got some practice. ;) If you know what I mean. And that was done by cross-referencing back to the game, ;)

As for the screenshots, I can't seem to get through to PhotoPoint right now.

Blowing up a house. That's a little much for a 27mm grenade fired from a flare pistol. I guess they never got around to correcting the "it's a 92mm mortar round it's gotta do something" misconception.

Here we go, here's the pictures....

Note: I tend to play Villers-Boccage with +100% German troops.

Here we see the Nahverteidigungswaffe right above the house that was launched from one of the Tigers on the left there. Note: I tend to play Villers-Boccage with +100% German troops.

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=47675844&Sequence=0&res=high

Nowe here's the initial explosion of the said round.

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=47675842&Sequence=0&res=high

Of course this house had been damaged prior, it was just that the Nahverteidigungswaffe got in the killing shot.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babra:

I had one pop up and come down squarely inside an M5 Halftrack, blowing it to rat-poo. Same scenario.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, same scenario I had a Tiger take out a moving M5, passengers and all. The round landed square on the M5. Them things are Way too accuracte especially when firing on the blind (buttoned!) which my Tiger was at the time.

Oops, forgot to mention and perhaps... The Crack Tiger might just be that good! lol. I forgot about the crew quality. That's probably why it was dead on the money.

[ 05-01-2001: Message edited by: FFE ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. Bates:

AH MY EYES... must avert eyes... screenshots of the most heavily modded CM ever... retinas burnt thru extreme use of colours... :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Bates, but I tend to go for the most realistic looking battlefield I can get. Love Tiger's new Tiger. I take my hat off to him on that one. :D However, I really need to do something with those summer mountains. They don't match Gunnergoz's Real_Grass very well. ;)

[ 05-01-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

I once had a na...affe bomb detonate inside a T8 that was streaking past me. This guy literally had 18 of the little buggers and he was streaking past my lines and a Tiger (maybe Panther?) timed the shot perfectly. The thing kept rolling on down the hill into a clump of trees. Really was a thing of beauty.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jgdpzr:

I once had a na...affe bomb detonate inside a T8 that was streaking past me. This guy literally had 18 of the little buggers and he was streaking past my lines and a Tiger (maybe Panther?) timed the shot perfectly. The thing kept rolling on down the hill into a clump of trees. Really was a thing of beauty.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I can kind of relate to that, I did a QB once where I bought a ton of Ram Kangaroos and used them as low-sillouette armored MG platforms. Nothing to do with the Nahverteidigungswaffe, but nonetheless. :D