New clothes for the allies

Scipio

Scipio...yer a MAD fella smile.gif

They new uniforms are great looking...in particular my countries defence forces ( Irish )....now all we need is MOWAG to sort out the problem with our new Piranha III APCs...the lads found hairline cracks in the armour while putting two of em through their paces down the Curragh.

Keep on modding smile.gif

Regards

Måkjager

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Affentitten:

As a newbie, may I ask a stupid question?

Has anyone done any kilts for Scottish troops? Or wouldn't they skin right?

I ask because my grandad was in the Gordons, and I'd love to see them in CM!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could do trews, but what self respecting Highlander would wear his trews?

I modded a pair of Government tartan trews and they looked okay. Would be easy to do Gordon - just add the yellow stripe.

Scipio, I really like the new stuff. We can almost imagine a CM-Fulda Gap version... How about a Rhodesian set, that would look really sweet.

Michael, I love that CADPAT in real life, lots of people would pay a pretty penny for a set. I know they're a long way from having enough to show up as surplus. Someone said that Hong Kong copies were already available (and the new USMC MARPAT), but I'm still looking...

I forgot to mention, Scipio's CADPAT uniforms here look pretty cool!

Shadow, I think my unit takes delivery sometime in October, but that may only be a rumour.

Personally, I wear a Mark III combat shirt now (the "tuck in", if you have seen them?) They were a rarity but I got two of them, and have always prided myself on looking different from the rest of the battalion! Now I will be just one more guy in combats. :(

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

I love this stuff! It's amazing. All we've gotten so far is the helmets though.... :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shadow, I just prefer mono colour helmets, but optional camo helmets are included.

Michael, thanx for the info.

mPisi, for which troops you want to have it?

Affentitten : excellent callsign E9.gif

To all : THANKS smile.gif

BTW, before someone pops up and call for gear - do you remember 'Saving Private Ryan', the scene when they attack the MG close to the radar station? The first they did was to throw away the gear :)

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]