Mod Quest

I was going to convert a bunch of scenarios from ASL featuring the JagdTiger (found about three or four), and when I look at that big ol' JagdTiger sitting there I can't help but wonder if there is a high res version of this thing. I'm thinking that the JagdTiger is so big that a high res mod would really shine! smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ASL Veteran:

I was going to convert a bunch of scenarios from ASL featuring the JagdTiger (found about three or four), and when I look at that big ol' JagdTiger sitting there I can't help but wonder if there is a high res version of this thing. I'm thinking that the JagdTiger is so big that a high res mod would really shine! smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the JagdTiger is a monster all right. What's the deal with that gun? 128mm???

Let me know if you run across the mod.

Also, if you are thinking about a conversion of A Breezeless Day, I have one DLd from an ASL-CM site that was up a while ago, but its not very balanced against the AI. It definitely needs some fiddling with.

And so I changed it around myself, and its a lot more fun --and balanced-- now but probably doesn't qualify as an ASL conversion anymore.

If you like, Ill send you the file (in case you don't have it) and my version, just for fun

Terence

Sure, you can e-mail it to me if you want. I did see that one on the web and I figured the Germans need some demos to clear the mines (ASL doesn't require demos to clear mines) and maybe a few less minefields (I think perhaps the original was converting one factor for one minefield). That's just my quick and dirty take though since I haven't played it. I'm almost done with "Last Stand at Iserlon" which is a very big battle, but the German infantry are crap. The big boys will have trouble since they will be driving around like a fire brigade trying to keep all those sneaky Americans at bay smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ASL Veteran:

Sure, you can e-mail it to me if you want. I did see that one on the web and I figured the Germans need some demos to clear the mines (ASL doesn't require demos to clear mines) and maybe a few less minefields (I think perhaps the original was converting one factor for one minefield). That's just my quick and dirty take though since I haven't played it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your instincts are right on here. One of my modifications was to delete about half of the mines. Have to reiterate here that I know very very little about ASL...

I suspect that the original designer did a straight one to one conversion, and the result was simply that the 'Wet' ground in the scenario bogged any german armor that strayed off the roads and the mines took care of the rest.

That combined with a 30-turn game and an exit zone really far away made it damn near impossible for the Germans to win.

A few small tweaks and the scenario is fun, though. I'll send it along.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

There is a pretty bad-assed winter mod at CMHQ.

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, had not noticed that winter one. You must be referring to the one done by Maximus? It does look pretty cool! I never check the winter vehicle section at CMHQ anymore since it was last updated back in March (I think). They seem to be putting more and more winter textures in the regular section now too. Hopefully someone will do a summer JagdTiger though smile.gif