Announcement: CMBO Invitational PBEM Tourney of "Stars"....conintued!!

Okay... Had to jump the gun here and start a new thread since Wincape hasn't yet. Besides I got a question for John Ketter.

John, how and the heck can Fionn have a battalion of motorized infantry with support elements? The cost for that is over the 1500 point limit? Did I miss something?

Jeff

ARG! I spelt continued wrong! Damn my wretched, wretched fingers!

UPDATE

I have been advised by the powers that be that some people are taking quite a bit of liberty in the partial deletions problem discussed earlier.

Therefore I wish to advise all my future opponents that the condition of my play will be that deletions beyond the neighborhood of 100 points WILL NOT BE ALLOWED in my games. I feel this is unbalances any battle and puts the more fair minded player at a consider disadvantage.

Don't get me wrong... I am here to win but not at the cost of my principles, fuddled as they may appear.

Regards.

[ 07-18-2001: Message edited by: Shandorf ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shandorf:

Legitimate grievance I totally agree with snipped here for brevity.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, whoa whoa - I understood the 100 pt rule to be a tournament rule. If it is not, then I will have to take that into consideration in force selection. Enlighten me, Oh Treeburst -- is the 100 pt rule set in stone? If it is not, then I hereby give notice to all players with whom I have not played a turn (that includes you, Murray) -- I require the 100 pt rule as a condition of the battle, period.

MrSpkr

[ 07-18-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

No, the 100 pt. rule on deletions was never put in place. It was finally decided (and posted) that there would be no restriction on deletions but compromise between players who disagreed on the issue could be achieved by setting a point limit to deletions in negotiations. I suggested 100 points.

Now that I have set up many games it is becoming clear that many are purchasing battalions and deleting virtually all the support weapons of the battalion. At the same time it has become clear that many are NOT taking advantage of deletions at all or very little. It is my opinion that the second group is at a significant disadvantage

and should be warned of that fact.

I allowed the support units to be stripped from battalions from the gitgo because I figured everyone would probably do it. Now that purchasing patterns are beginning to appear it is clear that some just don't delete and others have no problem with it. Those who don't delete should seriously consider doing so or remember to negotiate the issue. This is a heads up for you guys. A lot of troops can be had for 1,500 points if battalions are purchased and the support weapons deleted. Something to think about, eh?

Gentleman, my apologies,

Please head over here to the PART II of the INVITATIONAL thread.

I have asked Madmatt to delete this one -- no offence Shandorf et al! -- so any questions/posts put down here, please repost at the above post.

Blame it on me for the confusion; lack of sleep due to my 2 + 4 year old daughters keeping me up (not seeing this post) as well as a tempory ISP crash of mine! (the reason for starting PART II so late) :rolleyes:

Regards

Charl Theron